My IIC+ came back from Boogie! Here's some gut shots!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my IIC+ back from Mesa today and swapped it into my hardwood shell with the wicker grille. It looks amazing. Mike B. is a stand up guy and did a friggin' stellar job on the caps as well as the tube sockets, etc. Here are some pics (including gut shots, cuz I know Boogiebabies likes those). Anything you can tell me about my amp Boogie? Enjoy!
DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

DSCN1233.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN1231.jpg

DSCN1230.jpg

DSCN1229.jpg

DSCN1228.jpg

Hi mystidream

Sorry, newbie here.

Can you enlighten me as what the caps are? Are they the blue cylindical objects? Do these need replacing periodically? If so why?

How about the tube sockets, what did Mesa do with these, clean them up or replace them.

Edit: Also in pictures 5 and 6 from the top there looks to be 2-3 1/4 jacks near the 12AX7 tube sockets, if so what are they for?

Thanks

Man that amp is so pretty I don't know if I could take it to a bar to play it. Maybe with some sort of cover and a large human assigned to it for protection.

mcnamee said:
Hi mystidream

Sorry, newbie here.

Can you enlighten me as what the caps are? Are they the blue cylindical objects? Do these need replacing periodically? If so why?

How about the tube sockets, what did Mesa do with these, clean them up or replace them.

Edit: Also in pictures 5 and 6 from the top there looks to be 2-3 1/4 jacks near the 12AX7 tube sockets, if so what are they for?

Thanks

The caps are the large blue things. Haha. They need replacing every now and then because they get old, just like any other components would. With the tube sockets, I was having a hard time pulling the tubes out when it was time to change them, so Mike B. replaced all of them. I believe one of the jacks is for a footswitch that can control the reverb and eq. I'm not sure what the other is for.

Heritage Softail said:
Man that amp is so pretty I don't know if I could take it to a bar to play it. Maybe with some sort of cover and a large human assigned to it for protection.

I hear ya, bro. It is indeed gorgeous, but I haven't gigged in a while so its all good. If I did start gigging I'd probably pick up a roadcase for that way it doesn't get banged around.

mystidream said:
With the tube sockets, I was having a hard time pulling the tubes out when it was time to change them, so Mike B. replaced all of them.

Cool. I bet the tube contacts will improve alot because of that. I noticed all the preamps are jacketed. Is that stock on IIC+'s or is that an upgrade?

P.S. Looks killer all mounted up now! I wanna get a IIC+ more and more every day!

mystidream said:
I believe one of the jacks is for a footswitch that can control the reverb and eq. I'm not sure what the other is for.

The other jack is Preamp out-Power amp in.

SonicProvocateur said:
I noticed all the preamps are jacketed. Is that stock on IIC+'s or is that an upgrade?

Mine came stock with them, though I have seen examples that did not have them.

Hi mystic

I have the exact same amp as you a upgraded DRG, where do you put the far left eq slider (BASS) ?

Mine needs to be in the top or just short of the top to have good bass extension, im wondering if its a new preamp tube matter or somthing else ,( i play metal)

It would be cool if you explanid have your amp behaves regarding bass.

regards

cremona said:
Hi mystic

I have the exact same amp as you a upgraded DRG, where do you put the far left eq slider (BASS) ?

Mine needs to be in the top or just short of the top to have good bass extension, im wondering if its a new preamp tube matter or somthing else ,( i play metal)

regards

I put the far left slider almost to the top line.

mystidream said:
cremona said:
Hi mystic

regards

I put the far left slider almost to the top line.

Ok then everything is in order :wink:

My marshall 1960 issent as bassy as the boogie rectifier cabs , and i plan on getting one of those, but it sounds superb with the 1960BV the slider just needs to be all up there, but then im in guitar heaven.

Awesome awesome machine the c+ is :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
I haven't seen that amp around here in a while. I looked it over here on the forum 4 or 5 years ago.

I'm glad it has a new good home.

Thanks. Anything you could tell me about it from the gutshots?

Latest posts

Back