The inevitable "what does your username mean?" pos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
musixbox's were designed to fufill one goal for their entire lives; to create music. all you need to do is wind them up(or in my case, inspire me), and they will play, whether anyone listens or not. i was fortunate enough to be born with the gift to create music and melody, and so i embrace it!

1. i play a multitude of instruments, and consider music to be of utmost importance in my life. so i figured what better way to represent myself?
2. i had a girlfriend once call me her musicbox, kind of a sentimental thing
(shh!!!!!! :lol: 8) )
3. i have a great facination with jazzbox style guitars, big hollowbodies. jazzbox=musicbox they hark back to a time before i was born, when things were built a differnt way then the modern equivalents(im speaking to you mesa) i love old style tube amps, old style guitars, and LOVE old cars...

I like the band Children of Bodom and before they were called Children of Bodom they were called Inearthed. I like the name "Inearthed" a lot and I just picked it to be a handle.

if anyone knows whats significant about 2600hz in relation to old
MaBell Telephones, thats where the number comes from.
(long live kaptain krunch!) it was something i was into when i was
like 16, and have kept the number as part of my handle since, and now happens to be my address (one helluva coincidence).
as far as vulture goes, i was in a quake clan when i was about 16
and we all decided to take bird names as our handles..... nuff said.
to jong: ever seen memento?

Inspired: The state of mind that I must remain in at all times. As long as I'm Inspired, I'll continue to learn new things on the guitar.

I spent the night at my bass player's house after a gig and in the morning his kids were all sitting on me watching Godzilla eats pittsburg or some such. His wife came downstairs and said,"get off Todd!!" The youngest of the three replied' "it's OK Mom, ToddZilla said he didn't mind."

My bass player heard it and introduced me as ToddZilla that night... and so it goes. :?

Reminds me of a joke I once heard:

Ever hear about the new sect of Japanese athiests?

They don't believe in godzilla.

We bought our kids a playset from Rainbow Systems for the back yard. We wanted to get them the "King Kong Castle" but they wanted the more modest sized "Monster Castle". I could have gotten my Lone Star a couple years earlier, but what's a dad to do.

Then to top it off, my son jumped out of the swing last year a month before his 7th birthday and broke both his arms in one fell swoop. The gift that keeps on giving.......

He's fine and all is well and I finally have the best piece of gear I've bought over the last 35 years.

I was looking for something to be my MSN address, and my mom told me that my dad took alot of crap for being named "mares" (last name) and said they called him 'night mares" to I changed the lettering, added some under scores and thus Nite_Maresz_25 is born(kinda)

cvansickle said:
C is the first letter of my first name, Van Sickle is my last name. It's Dutch for "seller of frozen treats from a utility vehicle."

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by....

(My apologies to any real Dutch speaking members who really know what it means!)

sorry, but it comes the closest to "snikkel", wich means something like dick.

My last name is Brewster. Being originally from Minnesota (ya sure), the term "brewski" was pretty common and the nickname sort of stuck. Disclaimer: And no I don't know Wil the scammer. :)

AART said:
cvansickle said:
C is the first letter of my first name, Van Sickle is my last name. It's Dutch for "seller of frozen treats from a utility vehicle."

(My apologies to any real Dutch speaking members who really know what it means!)

Actually, "Van Sickle" is an anglicized version of "van Syklen" or something very similar. Can you tell me what that means for real?

Hmmmmmmmmm "Michael" what can i say LOL! :lol: My reason is i joined when no other michaels came up with the origional username :twisted:

cvansickle said:
AART said:
cvansickle said:

Actually, "Van Sickle" is an anglicized version of "van Syklen" or something very similar. Can you tell me what that means for real?

Well, it sounds frysian to me(northern part of holland), so i think its something in th elocal language, my brother knows a lot about languages, i'll ask him.

OK, my bro says it means something like "circle", but it is probably a very old name, so he can not say wat it exactly means.

But probably it has something to do with the job of the person that was the first to have that name.

Back