My Black rig !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneRanger

Reaction score
Got Bored of my look lol thoughts?

Picturerig003.jpg

ToneRanger said:
hahah thanks man you have a blacky with silver vent also i guess?

Yeah. I just did mine a few weeks ago and people were commenting on the color scheme, so I figured you saw that thread and did the same.

057.jpg

Sweet. Love the black. Ill have to hook up my recto and ultra plus together sometime. It must sound pretty fricken bad ***!

what did you use to stick the plate back on? id love to do this, although i really dont want to break anything :lol:

Triple Cheeseburger said:
what did you use to stick the plate back on? id love to do this, although i really dont want to break anything :lol:

I had to use some Loctite double sided tape. I tried the 3M "heavy duty" 1" wide tape that holds 2 pounds, and the faceplate came off still. So I tried the 3M stuff that holds up to 5 pounds, interior/exterior stuff....still came off. So I found the Loctite stuff that holds 11 pounds per 6" strip, and used almost the whole roll.

A bomb blast wouldn't take it off now. :D

I'm curious about something, what sort of paint do you guys use? How do you keep the paint from getting scratched? I was going to get the silver side armour on my rectocab powdercoated so that it would match my head. Do you guys get a powder coat done? I hear it is much more durable than paint. I should also mention that I'm tempted to get a silver vent for my 'real' blackface dual because it looks AWESOME!!! Someone has to show that to Randall Smith!!

YellowJacket said:
I'm curious about something, what sort of paint do you guys use? How do you keep the paint from getting scratched? I was going to get the silver side armour on my rectocab powdercoated so that it would match my head. Do you guys get a powder coat done? I hear it is much more durable than paint. I should also mention that I'm tempted to get a silver vent for my 'real' blackface dual because it looks AWESOME!!! Someone has to show that to Randall Smith!!

I bought a spray can from the hardware store. I didn't buy the cheap stuff either. My head is in a case, so I'm not too worried about it getting scratched. If it does, oh well. I'll just have to do a little touchup. I figure the original diamond plate wasn't very scratched up so there really shouldn't be much of an issue.

I thought about going powdercoated, but I decided against it for now, simply because spraying it is much cheaper. However, if I were going to have the side armor on a cab done, I would definitely have it powdercoated. Powder is much more durable than paint because of how it's baked on. As much as cabs get banged around, you wouldn't want paint on it.

BTW, I'm envious of your armored cab :evil: I've been contemplating making some side armor for mine. If I do, I'm actually going to go for the relic look and go with unpainted steel diamond plate, that way it will rust. I think that would look pretty cool.

Powder coating can be done for very cheap, possibly free if youre at the right shop. Most every powdercoating shop does its spray and bake in batches. Call the shops around and see if they are doing any batches of black (Or whatever other color you want) and find out how much it would be to throw your plate in there.

If you have an old oven you dont need then you can powdercoat it yourself, which is actually really easy and pretty cheap. Then you can also get into fading colors around with powdercoating.

Spraypainting is always easy though. Coat it right and its very durable.

Looks awesome dude. I just recently got a 3 channel Dual Recto myself. How does it compare to your roadster? I was thinking about getting a roadster later on too, but I wasn't sure how different they were.

Back