Found some nice settings for full band (with two guitars)...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
Been using my DC-3 for an alt rock type band for a few weeks now. I've kept my settings the same since I started playing with them and have been using different guitars each (well only 3 guitars) practice. I was never 100% satisfied with my tone, so I decided to alter my settings a bit and found some that I am very happy with so I thought I'd share. With these new settings it sounds much better and my PRS sings much better now.

Anyway, here's the lead channel settings before and after:

Old Settings
Gain: 7
Treble: 7
Mid: 4
Bass: 2
Presence: 0
Master: 3
Output: 2
GEQ: 'V' with middle between bottom line and middle line - other 4 near top - treble side slightly lower

New settings:
Gain: 5
Treble: 6
Mid: 7
Bass: 4
Presence: 3
Master: 3
Output: 2
GEQ: 'V' with bass and treble sides lowered for a more shallow V shape

Let me know what you guys think of these settings! I think they sound great. Don't be afraid of the mids! I can get all the tones I need by rolling volume back and/or switching to coil split positions on any of my guitars.

BTW, I am using a single Mesa 3/4 back 1x12 loaded with a broken in C90, and all JJ tubes in the DC-3 head. Sounds fantastic!

wow...your 'old' settings are basically the same as mine except my prescence is a little higher at 5, and reverb at 7.

everything else....gain, treble, mid, bass, volume and master vol about the same....oh and I use the gain pull boost most of the time, and EQ is footswitchable for boost.

Great, man, nice to see you are happy with your tone!

I think hat everything depends on everything. I mean, the guitar, the pick-ups you use, the cabinet, the cable... After all, the presence knob is very important to give or take away some brightness (the manual already state this).

The rest of the settings are more or less the same.

bigjav said:
The rest of the settings are more or less the same.

The biggest difference in the end result is the lower gain, increased mids, and smoother GEQ settings. The rest were just fine tuning I suppose.

Got home last night and warmed up the DC-2 and started trying out my Gibson on it as I've pnly played my PRS thru it thus far. After some adjustments and such I checked to see the settings and they are alarmingly close to your "new" settings, MusicMan!! The only real difference is the mids; I'm set at about 2 because it got a little "honky" sounding when higher. The other difference was the output...I was set on 4!!! Yeah, I was letting the neighbors listen in :lol: . Man does this amp sing!

I'm pretty set on changes at this point: a new TungSol in V2, I and swapped the V30 for my old Private Jack speaker. I don't see how this could sound any sweeter!

I did have a "test" that I ran...I set the DC on top of my Ace and ran the V30 in the Ace as a 1 x 12 cab. How 'bout that for improvisation!!! Man, that thing sounded HUGE!! :D The only problem is now I want another cab even MORE!! Keep saving those nickels,,,you'll get there!

That sounds good. Have you tried pushing the 2200 EQ slider about 3/4 up? Thats what I do... And I have my two outer EQ bands set just over 1/2 with the middle slider almost completely bottomed out.

Back