Mullard reissue el34 vs GrooveTube el34m

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riff Blister

Reaction score
Last spring I swapped out my SED =C= tubes for a set of Mullard reissues. I'm talking Stiletto Deuce II here.

The SEDs seem to be a bit more refined/ clearer but when I put those Mullards in I found what I was after. 8)

My question for the tube rollers on the Board is this. Are the GrooveTube el34m tubes the same or similar to the Mullards?

I put GT EL34M in one of my other amps (not Mesa) recently and really thought they sounded great. It had JJ EL34s when I got it and the GT seemed a little smoother and saturated a little earlier.

I'd love to get the answer to this question. I'm thinking about adding a pair of EL-34's to my MKIV but I'm sitting the fence on which ones. My local amp tech recommended the Mullards but didn't have any in stock when I stopped by.

As far as I can see the GT has no markings of any kind other than the GT label and the rating sticker.

I compared my GT EL-34m to the Mullard pictures on the Musician's Friend website and it's clear that they are not exactly the same tube. Overall, the construction and components appear to be very similar.

Back