Metallica's rigs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://soniccircus.com/B-B-4-EQF1-Equalizers-Racked-

Here's one for sale and they reference "Metallica" in the description and it seems to match the photo's of the studio notse above, look at the AJFA photo's where they list 2 sets of EQ settings - looks the same no?

Also explains the $3000 price tag lol

What do you think?

My neither - I have a Rane PE15, I believe is the model, 5 band parametric, gets me close. Paid $90CDN used.

Anyone have anymore pictures from the studio they can post? I have seen all the settings, but I have only seen the two studio shot that were posted here. I'd love to see some pictures from the Justice, Puppets - and even Lightning sessions if anyone has them.

Not many are avaible officialy.

Flemming Rasmussen most likely has a bunch of private shots. He has uploaded 2 from Justice sessions which showed the drumkit and some guitaramps.

Ross Halfin did some during the Puppets sessions and might be the one behind the 2 allready published here. I know of 1 Ross picture with Cliff Burton behind a black piano wearing shades which is also Puppets sessions late 1985 area and in the Danish biography done on Lars Ulrich there is a upclose picture of Lars behind the drumkit used during Puppets.

Then there is some pictures of the Puppets lineup taken night time with snow on the ground in front of the headlights from the car they were driven. That is also Denmark late 1985.

The only thing I've seen of the Lightning sessions is the 1-2 minutes of film from a Danish program interviewing Lars from the time of Sgt Anger release.

I got that on VHS. No can't upload it but I have seen it on youtube somewhere.

Friedmett said:

Flemming Rasmussen most likely has a bunch of private shots. He has uploaded 2 from Justice sessions which showed the drumkit and some guitaramps.

Ross Halfin did some during the Puppets sessions and might be the one behind the 2 allready published here. I know of 1 Ross picture with Cliff Burton behind a black piano wearing shades which is also Puppets sessions late 1985 area and in the Danish biography done on Lars Ulrich there is a upclose picture of Lars behind the drumkit used during Puppets.

Then there is some pictures of the Puppets lineup taken night time with snow on the ground in front of the headlights from the car they were driven. That is also Denmark late 1985.

The only thing I've seen of the Lightning sessions is the 1-2 minutes of film from a Danish program interviewing Lars from the time of Sgt Anger release.

I know that Flemming uploaded pics his website, but the site is down. Anyone know of any other access to them (did anyone save them to their own computer)?

That picture of the IIC+ with the "crunchberries" sticker is the same amp James used in recording Death Magnetic according to his interview in last Decembers Guitar World. If it aint broke, dont fix it. :wink:

ryjan said:
That picture of the IIC+ with the "crunchberries" sticker is the same amp James used in recording Death Magnetic according to his interview in last Decembers Guitar World. If it aint broke, dont fix it. :wink:
That's the origins of my avatar picture. I had my wife go out and buy a box of Crunch Berries so I could cut out the logo. Cheesey? Yes, but an homage nonetheless...

IMG_1973.jpg

Friedmett said:

Do you have a link to this youtube video? I cannot seem to find it! I would love to see some RTL footage.

Here are some more pictures from the Puppets sessions.

l_2185963877bde03d5747af1c45d3acb4.jpg

puppets70.jpg

One from the Justice mixing session in 1988. Done during off days from the Monsters of rock.

thompsonsteve-metallica.jpg

Sick pics dude, thanks for sharing.

What's that mark on the fret board o James V around the 8-10th frets?

#2121313 said:

Maybe he's muting the high strings to reduce noise in the recording?

Elpelotero said:
#2121313 said:

Maybe he's muting the high strings to reduce noise in the recording?

You're likely right. It looks like electric tape...

Good point - good eye.

Proves that the V was used in the studio - not sure if that was ever discussed.

But also goes to show to what lengths James will go to make things sound perfect.

Another picture from the Justice sessions in early 1988.

Lars-Ulrich-lars-ulrich-30408549-900-767_zpsb88eddcd.jpg

Lars playing a mixture of Tama Crestar/Granstar custom toms and Superstar bass drums, Zildjian A cymbals. The snare is not seen.

Back