DT-Black Cloud and Silver Lining tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got it today and I am loving it......i think it is the best thing they have done since "scenes from a memory".

I agree, this album is gonna grow on me. A Best of Times is right up there with ACOS and Octavarium for me, its such a tear jerker :cry:

Yeah, it seems to me they've gotten back a little more to the feeling side of things than the lets play really fast notes that nobody else can thing. Loving it so far, my c+ comes in the mail today, can't wait to see if I can cop some of those huge rhythm tones!

-dave

Jordan has taken an approach to his keys much more in the style of Kevin Moore on this album. They keyboard is being used much more for atmoshpherics and "fullness" added to harmonic progressions than as a lead instrument. This, and a few more Rush influenced tracks make this more of the successor to 6DoIT musically

jaquetapus said:
Yeah, it seems to me they've gotten back a little more to the feeling side of things than the lets play really fast notes that nobody else can thing. Loving it so far, my c+ comes in the mail today, can't wait to see if I can cop some of those huge rhythm tones!

-dave

kick ***! let us know what you think of the IIC+!!

I like the new album, too. Brutal rhythms and leads that cut you in half! :twisted: I'm seeing them in concert for the first time at the end of this month!!!!!!

MusicManJP6 said:

I like the new album, too. Brutal rhythms and leads that cut you in half! :twisted: I'm seeing them in concert for the first time at the end of this month!!!!!!
Dude, the c+ is so THAT tone. The one you hear on most of the older DT stuff that you constantly try to get everything else to sound like. SO worth saving up for. Now to learn the new album!

They are sweet in concert! It's not so much a crazy show but everybody just sitting back and going "holy crap these guys are sick!" Seems like a big gathering of musicians.

-dave

jaquetapus said:
MusicManJP6 said:

Dude, the c+ is so THAT tone. The one you hear on most of the older DT stuff that you constantly try to get everything else to sound like. SO worth saving up for. Now to learn the new album!

They are sweet in concert! It's not so much a crazy show but everybody just sitting back and going "holy crap these guys are sick!" Seems like a big gathering of musicians.

-dave

Oh I so want one!

Once I get out of college, have a steady job, C+ here I come!!

LTE said:
Once I get out of college, have a steady job, C+ here I come!!

I wish it were that simple! I think I missed my chance when I got out of college, got a steady job, then got married. LOL. Just kidding, but I would love to have a IIC+, but my wife would flip!!

Man, I'm really loving the Count of Tuscany. I'm thinkin he used the c+ on the intro lead part and rhythms and the IV on the outro solo. It was sweet man, I pulled the c+ out of the box the day I got it, plugged it in, pulled some knobs and out came that intro tone.

I'm loving the more positive and hopeful feeling this album has. Dark and heavy has its place, but this is a very welcome change. It almost sounds like they just discovered Rush on a few of these tunes.

-dave

shredi knight said:
EirikBrandal said:
There's no Mark V on this album....

Wrong:

"Hey there fellow shredders. I just wanted to take a moment and say hi. As you may already know at this point, the Dream Theater cd is all finished up and comes out on June 23rd. I'm really excited about the way that it turned out and can't wait for all of you to hear it. Tonewise, it is a Mark series lovers extravaganza. I used a couple of my favorite Mark IIC+s, Mark IVs and even the new Mark V including a couple of solos using the amp's new Mark I mode which is incredibly sweet and dripping with gain."

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61640

Love it!

I love this album and tone!!!
It´s so great :shock: :shock: :shock:

Few tone highlights from album:

Solo tone at The Shattered Fortress -time 10:33-11:00
Riff tones:
A Nightmare to remember - time 14:20 use Isolated tracks to hear it. great 2octaves sound, like a monster walking :D
The count of tuscany - time 6:54-7:36
The shattered fortress - time 5:25 under solos

Latest posts

Back