The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... after giving my DC-3 a good few weeks to see if it is the amp for me..... I am hooked! I can just play this amp for hours! It's VERY inspiring. I've owned many-a-Mesa (as most will agree!) and this amp just has the tone I have been looking for. So....... PM sent!

A thiele cab would prob sound pretty good, but i'm happy with the recto 1x12 cabs (yes i have decided to keep both!) with the V30s at the moment. The tolex matches and everything. I've thought about changing the logo on the DC-3 to the newer MESA logo so it would match the cabs even better...

blacklight: did you get my PM?

I sent another PM about a week ago, no response.

n1398750903_30652728_4479.jpg

And yes, though the DC series aren't necessarily worth as much as my old Ace, it definitely sounds better.

Hi
I am now the proud owner of a Mesa Boogie DC-5 (green tolex) serial number DC-01062.
I''d like to join the club.
Any idea of the production date of my DC-5?

I bought it and took it to the gig the same day!!!!!
Every one new I had something special and complimented the new sound.
It was like I grew another finger on my left hand!!!!!

i'll post a pix later on. I think this is a rare one.

Hey guys I just picked up a dc-10 head and brand new recto 4x12 (too impatient to find a good one used)! It has all mesa 6l6's so I'm not sure how old the tubes are but I'm going to probably do a full retube anyways. Not bad for $710.

Stack.jpg

Head.jpg

nomexx2 said:
Hi
I am now the proud owner of a Mesa Boogie DC-5 (green tolex) serial number DC-01062.
I''d like to join the club.
Any idea of the production date of my DC-5?

I bought it and took it to the gig the same day!!!!!
Every one new I had something special and complimented the new sound.
It was like I grew another finger on my left hand!!!!!

i'll post a pix later on. I think this is a rare one.

:D Congrats to both of you guys!

Your DC-5 is probably a Rev A. The easiest way to tell is if you have a 1 button footswitch (Rev A) up front, or a 2 button footswitch up front, which would be Rev B.

For smoother leads and crisp cleans, I really miss my DC-10!
But, there is something special about the 5 too! It's like the unruly little brother to the 10!

Hello ...
Yeah
I guess mine is a Rev A ... it has the two leds for the channel indicators ( on the left side),
metal toggle switches on the right side and a one button footswitch.
Unfortunately, its not 100% original.
The two (?) big tubes I see on the right side ( looking form the back are Mesa tubes
but the smaller tubes are GT types. Also the speakers is an all silver Celestian (no stickers or
model stamp on it, only Celestian and some numbers).
The DC still sounds great ..
but I may look for an original Black Shadow speaker.
The amp I use at the studio has a Black Shadow but being 'new' to the DC-5 world, i dont know if mine sounds better or different. I know its a whole new world form the Line-6
that I was using and I am just happy to have a DC, now.

I am in the process of looking for a used Mesa 2x12 cab. I have a Line-6 4x12 with Celestians.
Would that be tooo much cab to run with the lil DC-5 ? I am just playing in clubs/bars.
But ... I use the 4x12 with a 'mid 70's , 100w Fender Twin Reverb when i am gigging outside.
Hollah

All right!!! #44 Almost took as long as getting my Rickenbacker!
Massive shout out to Lockbody for revitalizing the Cartel!

dod

What, were you just linking to an img?

*edit - Hmmm, his and others seem to still be working. Are you sure it isn't something else?

Back