DT-Black Cloud and Silver Lining tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That explains a lot actually. I have heard three songs from the album and the tones vary in the songs them selves. Its a pretty good album from what i have heard.

Sixstringpsycho said:
That explains a lot actually. I have heard three songs from the album and the tones vary in the songs them selves. Its a pretty good album from what i have heard.

Three songs? I've heard two that popped up on internet radio somehow and someone ripped them. The two i've heard are Rite of Passage and Nightmare to Remember. What's the third one you've heard?

Yeah im interested into what other song you found.

I have heard four songs
A nightmare to remember
Rite of passage
Count of tuscany
Wither

I liked all four .....Wither seems very structured and straight forward kinda like "Forsaken" was on Systematic Chaos. Nightmare is long and very progressive, Tuscany is 19 min long lol. nuff said it rocks all the way through though.

Sixstringpsycho said:
I have heard four songs
A nightmare to remember
Rite of passage
Count of tuscany
Wither

I liked all four .....Wither seems very structured and straight forward kinda like "Forsaken" was on Systematic Chaos. Nightmare is long and very progressive, Tuscany is 19 min long lol. nuff said it rocks all the way through though.

So you've pretty much heard the whole album...

Close to it. all of these songs were posted on youtube but the poster got banned. I heard the album version of all four songs. I am working on getting a link to post here for you guys. And from the four songs i have heard....I like the album a lot. its darker and a bit heavier than systematic chaos

The whole album has leaked by now. I'm keeping my ears fresh, though. Waitin' on the 23rd!!!

EirikBrandal said:
There's no Mark V on this album. Why use a "modeling amp" when you have the originals
How is the MK V a modeling amp?

It practically uses the same exact circuits as the mark iv and mark iic+ if i remember

MusicManJP6 said:
73h Nils said:
The whole album has leaked by now. I'm keeping my ears fresh, though. Waitin' on the 23rd!!!

Me too. Then I'm seeing them a month later for the first time! I'm STOOOOOOOKED!!!!!
First time I saw them, I was there in time for soundcheck. I hear a drum roll that sounds like rolling thunder, turns out Portnoy was testing his kicks. I saw them a few times while they were pushing Images and Words and can't say enough good things about them, an excellent live performance.

EirikBrandal said:
There's no Mark V on this album....

Wrong:

"Hey there fellow shredders. I just wanted to take a moment and say hi. As you may already know at this point, the Dream Theater cd is all finished up and comes out on June 23rd. I'm really excited about the way that it turned out and can't wait for all of you to hear it. Tonewise, it is a Mark series lovers extravaganza. I used a couple of my favorite Mark IIC+s, Mark IVs and even the new Mark V including a couple of solos using the amp's new Mark I mode which is incredibly sweet and dripping with gain."

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61640

i wouldnt call the mark 5 modeling. its actual circuits as was mentioned.. plus it has new tones.... since you can drop it to 45 or 10 watts in class A.. or run the C+ in pentode mode which was impossible on the actual C+... but obviously if you want a C+ tone.. and you have them and have been using them for 20 years you probably use that.

EirikBrandal said:
There's no Mark V on this album. Why use a "modeling amp" when you have the originals

Wrong. JP posted on his own forum that he had used the Mark I mode on the V for some solos. I bet he probably used it for some rhythms too.

73h Nils said:
I'm keeping my ears fresh, though. Waitin' on the 23rd!!!

+1 man. I just ordered my box set of Black Clouds and Silver Linings yesterday. I'll have it on the 24th, but on the 23rd I'm going out and getting a regular copy of the album anyway to play in the car. Haha.

Latest posts

Back