A very unique Revision G for you...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new on the boards but was also reading from time to time since obviously i like mesa amps and have a few.

Just wanted to say that my 1993 triple rectifier is also a Revision G with a factory serial loop. From the looks it's the same as the 1992 models. OT is different from my 1992 racktifier which has a MarkIII one.

The sound of both is close, I'm under the impression that the sound of the racktifier is slightly smoother

Awesome! A few quick questions...what trannies do you have in the Triple? I'm curious to know if it's the same as in my Rev F Triple or if they had changed by then. Also, do you have "Channel Volume 7-10" written under your clean channel selector switch?

Your '92 Racktifier is actually a Rev F, so that will make a difference in tone.

Just throwing this out there...

On my newly acquired rev F dual rec, the "Clean Rhythm" phrase has a set of parentheses under it. It is obvious that the phrase "Channel Volume 7-10" was once inside the parentheses, but it looks like it's been scraped off, however NONE of any of the other writing on the chassis is even faded. Did Mesa scrape this phrase off of the amp intentionally?

For some reason, I faintly remember my old rev F having the same empty parentheses as well, but I'll have to talk to the new owner to find out for sure.

No such phrases under the clean rhythm switch of the triple rec. Trannie is different from my racktifier. The racktifier has the phrase under the switch.

The front:

2evu490.jpg

I just came across this thread and had to mark it! I have a 93 2CH Dual Rec that have these traits:

Leather wrapped shell

Diamond plate grille(non-black) w/brown panel

Serial loop

Non-detachable power cord

EIA606 transformer which is apparently MarkIII

CH Sel orange to red switch on back with no 7-10
Slave level and send/mix knobs are much smaller knobs than the black metal loop select metal knob

...And the really weird thing about this one is that the serial # to this one is in the 3400s!

This must be thread resurrection day, haha.

@ axedog - Sounds like you have a transitional Rev G like mine with a factory serial loop. Probably rarest among 2 channel Rectos.

Maybe an employee got a bug up his butt to make himself his perfect recto out of left over parts? I know I would if I had the chance.

I know this an old thread, but this is a Rev F in the 1200s. It has the paranthasis, although the "vol 7-10" part has been removed. I think they actually just covered it in black marker, but I'm not at home to confirm.

As for the amp this thread is about, my guess is that it has to do with it being a chrome chassis. Considering that the black chassis was the stock colour they probably burned through them quickly and trasitioned to the parallel loop chassis sooner. With the chrome chassis being a custom option their stockpile probably sat on a shelf for awhile before they used them all up.

IMG_1865.jpg

screamingdaisy said:
It has the paranthasis, although the "vol 7-10" part has been removed. I think they actually just covered it in black marker, but I'm not at home to confirm.]

My old Rev. E. had the 'vol 7-10' colored over with sharpie. I had always just assumed someone did it after they got it or something. Huh.

I recently picked up a Revision G (#3800), and it sounds phenomenal! My Dual has the updated FX loop, but has the 16/8, 16/8, 4, 4 speaker output configuration...

Thread revival.

I recently came over a Triple Rectifier Blackface, Euro model and just had to buy it. It's been a wet dream for some years after all. The serial# is R-003482 which I quickly found was a rev. G. Nothing wrong with that I would say, however the telltale signs where completely wrong. There is no parallel loop for instance.

I found this board, and this thread, and decided I had to open the amp up.

The board is definitely a rev. G, as it says RF-1G.

Signature I think says "2 94 / GM"

Transformers:

OT: EAI606-334 562181

Choke: EIA606-402 550381

PT: EIA606-228 561137

16-8-4-4 cofinguration

Small logo.

No "vol 7-10" scribling.

I think screamingdaisy's "burn"-theory makes some sense.

Anyway, the amp sounds awesome :).

My rev F recto has that sign...My friend has blackface rev G triple recto /sn 48xx which looks exactly same as it has small logo,serial loop and 16-8 16-8 4 4 speaker outs configuration too...

Resurrecting this thread again!!! Silver, have you acquired any more additional or helpful info on this run of Rectos since this thread was created?

All I know is I love the tones of this amp and would never part with it!

Holy crap...bringing the thread back 5 years later... :lol:

Sure, what would you like to know? I've seen quite a few of this transitional era now, and that includes standard heads and rackmounts. Most of the heads have been in the high 3000 range, but I've seen some rackmounts in the late 4000s (bordering 5000) using a leftover Rev F chassis.

As a side note, I still have have that Rev G, and it's still one of my primary amps all these years later.

Silverwulf said:
Holy crap...bringing the thread back 5 years later... :lol:

Sure, what would you like to know? I've seen quite a few of this transitional era now, and that includes standard heads and rackmounts. Most of the heads have been in the high 3000 range, but I've seen some rackmounts in the late 4000s (bordering 5000) using a leftover Rev F chassis.

As a side note, I still have have that Rev G, and it's still one of my primary amps all these years later.

Still have the amp as it stays my primary amp...has a very throaty Marshall upper middle to go with a great clean!

I'm going to resurrect this one again. I recently picked up a small logo, cord attached Rev G. It has no "vol 7-10", a newer loop, the 8-16 outputs, Mark series transformer and the Red channel does a great impersonation of the Rev C's I've heard demonstrated. R-003863.
I don't think the pictures from the original post work anymore...were you running 6L6 or EL34?

Latest posts

Back