New DC10 owner !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judas

Reaction score
hello guyz ! I'm new on this board !

I'm french, and the owner of a nice DC10 combo (since end of january). I've changed the power tubes (for 4 Mesa's STR440 yellow ones), and it just sounds amazing ! (old tubes were very tired). I just use a modified Boss SD1 (for dirty clean sounds), a Cry Baby wha, a Electroharmonix DMM and a Boss CE2 with it, and I just get the sound I always wanted to have ! Play it with a 96 Fender Lonestar USA Stratocaster.

My preamp tubes are :

- V1 : Chelmer 12AX7 (discovered them with my Fender Hot Rod, very nice clean sounds, but crappy in OD)
- V2 : EH 12AX7
- V3 : Mesa 12AX7
- V4 : Mesa 12AX7
- V5 (reverb) : Chelmer 12AT7
- V6 (PI) : Mesa 12AX7

I still have some other tubes. As soon as I have some time, I'll try some other tubes, to see how it sounds.

:D

I find it larger and smoother. It sounds like the reverb in Hallelujah of Buckley. It also sounds louder (with the 12AX7 I first thought that my reverb was out of order, it sounded tiny, and not very loud).

Judas said:
I find it larger and smoother. It sounds like the reverb in Hallelujah of Buckley. It also sounds louder (with the 12AX7 I first thought that my reverb was out of order, it sounded tiny, and not very loud).

Very interesting! I'll have to swap some tubes out tonight... Thanks for the info!

Back