New DC10 owner saying Hi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inertia

Reaction score
Heya all.

Just put down a deposit on a DC10 combo. I'm pretty exited to be finaly owning a Mesa.

I'm using a Maton BB-1200 guitar, Vox Wah and Boss RV5 and Boss CE2 in the loop. The DC10's reverb isn't working. I'll look into it more when I pick it up.

Really happy I found this board and I won't be a stranger.

Tony :D

Welcome to the board. I too have a DC-10, head, and it has been my favorite Boogie of all the ones I've owned so far. Other musicians are always complementing me on my tone. For additional versatility I use a couple of quality overdrives in the clean channel for light to moderate gain. If you've never played a Boogie then you should read the manual and experiment. Takes a little time, did for me anyway, to understand the relation between all the controls though the DC series are one of the easiest to dial in.

I've played a few Boogies before. Just played them and had a little cry that I didn't own it :p

I spent a good hour with the amp and my guitar. I have to admit I wasn't planning on using anything except the amp's distortions. I'm blessed to own the BB1200 for this. The pickups are incredible. You can dial in a really nasty hi gain sound with your bridge pickup, then back off (and split) the neck pickup volume to about 50% and get a nice clean sound. Means you can use the pickup selector as a footswitch. I noticed with the DC10 this trick worked really well, but the gains were a lot more linear than they are with my current rig.

What pedals are you using? I'm going to be getting a ClinchFX EP Pre-amp to beef things up a little.

inertia said:
I've played a few Boogies before. Just played them and had a little cry that I didn't own it :p

I spent a good hour with the amp and my guitar. I have to admit I wasn't planning on using anything except the amp's distortions. I'm blessed to own the BB1200 for this. The pickups are incredible. You can dial in a really nasty hi gain sound with your bridge pickup, then back off (and split) the neck pickup volume to about 50% and get a nice clean sound. Means you can use the pickup selector as a footswitch. I noticed with the DC10 this trick worked really well, but the gains were a lot more linear than they are with my current rig.

What pedals are you using? I'm going to be getting a ClinchFX EP Pre-amp to beef things up a little.

You're bound to get all kinds of opinions when you ask about overdrives so heres mine. For me I like the lower gain overdrives, Xotic AC+, for either a little hair or pushing my lead channel harder. I using a T.C. Jauernig Luxury Drive for a clean boost that works great on single coil pickups and if positioned after the overdrives works good to boost for solos. For a marshallesque sound I have a MI Crunch Box that I keep the drive turned down fairly low and bump the volume.

Like you I wasn't planning on using any overdrives with my Boogies. It's not that I have to, it just makes my rig more versatile.

I'll deffinately do some playing around to see what works and what doesnt.

I'm liking the idea of using the EQ for solo boost stuff.

How would the V-twin pedal go do you think?

Back