DC-2/DC-3 Headphone Jack?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Mesa amp that I can plug headphones into to play at night. Did either of these two amps come with headphone jacks? Any other amps I should be looking at? Thanks!

Yep, the DC-2 and DC-3 both have headphone/record outs. I've not used mine so not sure how it sounds, but it is there if needed.

+1. Both amps have this feature. I have the DC-3. Clean channel's pretty decent, but to my ears the overdrive sounds very brittle through headphones. It's definitely useable though for the occasional late-nighter.

plumptone said:
+1. Both amps have this feature. I have the DC-3. Clean channel's pretty decent, but to my ears the overdrive sounds very brittle through headphones. It's definitely useable though for the occasional late-nighter.

That's kind of what I expected...

But, if I'm going to crack on the tube amp and heat up the tubes I want to hear it through my cabs and at least at a decent bedroom volume (a little louder than speaking volume). If I want to practice late at night i'll use my Line 6 Spider III 15 or my BOSS GT-8's preamp models (some are pretty good!) and save my tubes. Just my .02!

Back