So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cvansickle said:
Right now my only real amp is my Nomad 100 212. I also run it through a closed back 412, and switch via a MIDI controller and program changes. I'll use the 212 or 412 speakers depending on the effects patch. For something with with lots of flanger or other swirly needs, the open 212 sounds better. Dryer settings favor the 412.

For practice and workshop needs, I have a Tech 21 Trademark 10. Not bad for a tranny.

I'm thinking about adding an EL84 combo later this year. So far, the Lonestar Special is looking pretty good.
AN UPDATE:

Late last month, I added a NOS Blue Angel to my gear ensemble. The Blue Angel will handle my clean sounds.

What I currently own
ENGL Powerball
Peavey 5150
PODXT Live

What is on its way
Triple Rectifier

Stuff that I don't own anymore
Mesa Boogie Mark III (w/Simul Class)
Peavey Triple XXX
Line 6 Flextone II Combo

Currently Own:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (3ch)
Dean ML 7 (7 string guitar)
Jackson Stealth HX
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Dunlop 535q Wah
Boss NS-2 Gate
Boss DD-3 Delay
DOD FX60 Chorus
Morley ABY Switch

Used to Own:

Line 6 POD v' 2.0
Line 6 Spider II head and 4x12 Cab ( traded towards Dual Rectifier)
Digitech RP-6 effect processor
various stomps and fx, and various guitars not worth mentioning lol

Want to own:

ENGL Power ball head
Jackson USA Rhaods
complete recording studio with the works, lol, maybe some day???? :oops:

Current amps:

* Mesa/Boogie Triple Recto & genz benz 2x12
* 1972 Fender Deluxe (first amp I ever heard and played through)
* Peavey Classic 30 tweed cover

Amps I've gotten rid of in the last 12 months or used to swap with:

* Fender Twin '73
* Peavey XXX
* Peavey Classic 30 (different than one above)
* Behringer GMX210
* Behringer V-Ampire 1x12
* Line 6 Vetta II
* Line 6 HD147
* Rocktron Replitone
* Rocktron Replitone (yep, I had 2 of them)
* Line 6 Spider 2x12
* 1974 Fender Deluxe
* Marshall Valvestate 1x12 8110 (I think thats the correct model)
* GK 250-ML II

The only amp I miss out of this batch is the '74 Deluxe.

* ~1979 Mesa Boogie Mark IIB head 60W (no reverb, no EQ, modified lead channel for less bass) with self-built 1x12" EVL Thiele cab
* Early 1962 Fender Bassman head (rough white tolex with brown front plate, white knobs and maroon grille cloth, 6G6-A circuit with solid state rectifier)
* 1969 Marshall JMP combo (1986 bass circuit with tremolo, EL34, solid state rectifier and 2 original G12H30 greenbacks 55Hz, basketweave grille cloth)
* ~1972 Marshall 4x12" cabinet (with 2 original G12M25 greenbacks and 2 mid '70s G12H30 blackbacks, large checkerboard grille cloth)

hey godless, have you found a way to eliminate the hum and crosssover with the morley aby? i find when im just using a or b, the signal stil gets through to both.

Hi, musicbox. well, I've never experienced hum or crossover from my morley switch, but i use it to switch between my 2 guitars, not between amps. I have heard thqt using it to split amp signals it could do this. also, I run a noise gate right after the morley and that might get rid of any hum as well.

Apart from my mesa rack:

Peavey 5150
Peavey 5150 II
Musicman HD130
Hiwatt DR103

muahah!!

new rig is...

mesa blue angel 4x10
fender '73 deluxe reverb
marshall jcm900 100watt dual reverb

i run the angel and the deluxe in stereo, and use the jcm900 for the modern crunch sounds. a HAO rust driver for the lead into the angel and the deluxe, and a boss eq to keep the jcm900 from sounding like crap.

the whirlwind aby is transformer isolated with completely silent switching.
99 bucks GCGLP!
look below for my current rig.

Mesa Boogie MK I reissue w/ EVM 12L speaker
Mesa Boogie Studio .22+ w/ Altec 417-8H speaker
Rivera S120-210
Vox AC-15
Traynor Bassmaster ('70's) with 2 X 12" cab w/ Cerwin Vega PS 12 speakers
Fender Deluxe Reverb ('66)
Fender Bandmaster Reverb ('68)
Fender Dual Showman Reverb ("69) with 2 x12" cab w/ JBL K-120 speakers
Silvertone "Champ" ('52) Weber 8" speaker
Carvin Quad-X preamp (for straight to board recording or gigging)
Kitty Hawk Quattro preamp (used in place of preamp sections of other amps)

Regret said:
Beside my DC-5, I have a Marshall JCM900 SL-X 2100 EL-34 that gives me the Marshall tones the DC-5 doesn't have. I need a ToneBone A/B switcher though.

I also own 2 combos: a Peavey Rage 158 (1st amp) and a Marshall MG80r cd (2nd amp, I like it for a solid state and use it for practice if the weather is bad and I don't want to take my tubes)

1. Peavey Rage 158.
2. Marshall MG80r cd combo on top of a Marshall MG412B.
3. Marshall JCM900SL-X on top of a Marshall 1960AV.
4. Mesa DC-5 on top of a Mesa horiz. Recto 2x12.

So what do you own?

Boogies:
Mark IV/Theile
Mark IIC+
DC-3
50 Cal+
Formula Pre

Fender Super 60
Acoustic 450
Polytone Mini-Brute

Not a lot:

Nomad 45 1x12
PODxt
Peavey KB60 for POD and Keys

Nomad replaced a JCM900 4200 that I had for about 10 years before I sold to a friend who needed a touring amp.

Nothing on the horizon but I'm tossing the coin on a DIY project for this summer. It's between a small synth and a mini-amp (2-5 watter).

Laters,
Tommy

Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Solo

Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Trem-O-Verb

Orange AD30H head

Dr. Z Carmen Ghia head

TopHat Emplexador 100 watt head

TopHat King Royale 2X12 combo

Budda 2X10 Twinmaster

Yamaha DG-100 2X12 combo

Yamaha DG-60 1X12 combo

Yamaha DG-1000 Rack pre-amp

1963 Harmony 1X8 combo

Line6 POD pro

Behringer V-Amp Pro

I LOVE GEAR!!!!! :D

Lance

\m/

1.MkIII no stripe - using Marshall 1936 and 1960A cabs. What can I say, this thing has distortion tones from GOD ranging from light overdrive to nuclear. Great clean tones also as long as you use and understand the Auto EQ setting. This is the loudest amp I have played, even among Boogies, it's louder than a bomb! Couldn't be happier.

2. Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 - very good bedroom or practice amp that served as my only amp for years, has 16 (good) built in reverbs + chorus and 3 channels. Sounds about 1/5th as loud as the MkIII despite having 130 watts.

3. Carvin AG100D - Great recording/small gig amp for acoustic and bass.

I am relatively new to amp G.A.S., although I have been a major guitar G.A.S. victim for years. I have traditionally used only one amp at a time, but I see myself with a groovy '70s look MkII in the future as well as a couple Marshalls of varying age. My former amps inlcude a killer JCM800 2203 that I sold while dirt poor (some call it college :cry: ). Would love to have it now.

Back