Mark IV led problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtPatton

Reaction score
I have a little problem with my Mark IV's channel ledlights. I use my TC G-major's relay switches to change channels in amp. The problem is, that when I change to Lead channel, the led shines bright for a moment. After couple of seconds it turns darker. I hear some slight change in sound too. However, I doubt that the problem is tubes, 'cause they are quite new. Has anyone had this problem before? The amp is from the mid 90's.

has it always happened using the g-major, and does it happen with the stock foot-switch?

In addition to trying the footswitch use the mode selector switch in the back of the amp to select the lead channel. If the condition persists the issue is most likely in the Mark IV. If it does not the issue is most likely in the G-major.

yeah, you have a older mk IV. mine does it and nearly everyone Else's does too. its the led them selves.just give them alittle push and they should go bright again. no problems

Yup, it's normal and happens to all Mark IV's. Touch it with your finger and it'll shine like it's brand new. The slight change in sound is most likely occuring from the G-Major being plugged into the loop.

Latest posts

Back