Anybody looking for Mark IV's , Here now it's your chance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaManBoogie

Reaction score
How many of you will keep the Mark IV and buy the Mark V?
Is there a reason we should keep the MArk IV since the Mark V has the option of it?

More Mark IV's for sale since the Mark VFive is out
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus&itm=mesa&loc=&fil=Mark+IV&ys=&ye=&submit=++++go++++

I'm not selling my Mark IV, I wouldn't even trade it for a Mark V. I love the sound I'm getting from my Mark IV and don't need the extra's from the V.

After recently getting a BB preamp i will never sell my mark iv! I rather buy another mark iv and run in stereo :)
Or acquire a IIC+

I sold my II to get my III that was sold to get my IV.
I miss the II and III some times.
I well not sell any of my amps to get the V.

Sometimes I gripe and complain about the number of knobs and switches on my Mark IV. Sometimes I gripe and complain about how I wish the lead channel was more like the one on my DC-2. However, when I became a Boogie user the Mark IV was my "dream amp" and I always wanted one. I just don't have the same view of the Mark V, it's cool but I have become attached to the IV. I won't be selling mine either.

I agree all the way ive become very attached to it when i didnt tweak it right everyone in my band hated it and wanted me to sell it, Well that was before i truly sat down with it and found that i loved triode over pentode and me being retarted using Class A Anyways even through everyone yelling at me to buy something new i stuck with it and now they all love it and i do as well... I wont sell never... As i stated above i rather buy another and run in stereo ! Or A III :) Or a IIC+ Ha.

My MKIV is a keeper, I wouldn't use the MKV tube rectifier modes, only advantage I see for me is the Solo function, but I can live without it !! :D I have no problem with R2 either.

Same here. The Mark V looks like a very cool amp. Wouldn't mind having one, but I would never consider parting with my Mark IV to get one. Never had a problem with the panel layout. I love it just the way it is. The amount of tones that comes out of that box is amazing. Best amp I've ever owned. Sure, there are other nice amps, but they're just different, not necessarily better IMHO.

i have seen the error of my ways of selling an amp i like to try another one ... never again. that doesn;t mean i might not BUY another amp, just not getting rid of any.

Like so many others posting here I might like a Mark V but I'm not going to get rid of my Mark IV to get one. As great as it may sound a Mark IV mode, likely, won't be the same as having a Mark IV. The controls, control options and output transformer are all different.

Perhaps it's just conditioning but when I see a switch that allows you to toggle between different amps I instantly think of modelers. I feel as if it's going to do it's best to emulate the selected amp as opposed to engage identical circuitry as the "real" amp.

I think what I have the most interest in checking out is how it feels to play as opposed to just the tones.

Having said all that I think the Mark V is going to be great and perhaps the best Mark ever but I have a feeling that it won't be a full substitute for owning the previous Marks.

I plan on using the IV and V in a wet / dry / wet rig. Looping out the preamps with a GCX and using the power amps as left and right.
A THD Flexi 50 or VHT/Freyette Sig X as the center.

Unlike most rigs like this I only use the dry/center amp sometimes and use the out side all the time.

The simul class power amp is my favorite. I think it well be great to have two versions of it around.

When I get my V and it is truly awesome, and prices for IVs drop, I will buy a IV. Not now though. When you can get them for $1000 like you could right before they were discontinued, I'll buy one.

Unless the V wails on it ;)

People might have sold their IIC+s for Mark IIIs when they came out but was that the right thing to do?

I'm sure people will be selling IVs to buy Vs but we don't really know how they compare at the moment.

How many of you have let a guitar or amp go you regretted? I learned a long time ago usually end up kicking yourself when you let something go in order to afford something new. I had a mark IV back in the early 90's I let go and regret it still. Sure I have a beautiful curly maple IV combo now but I still regret letting the other one go. I also had a DC5 I was the original owner on for 10 years and traded it. If you can't afford the MKV wait until you have the cash. Everyone's hanging their hat on the new technology but I want to hear it first. And I'm still not parting with my IV!

Sebby123 said:
After recently getting a BB preamp i will never sell my mark iv! I rather buy another mark iv and run in stereo :)
Or acquire a IIC+
I hear you there once I got the BB Preamp I really feel it just doubled my channels one modest setting on the BB sounds great on R1 R2 & R3.

As for the Mark V yes I am interested but I will not sacrifice my IV for it.

I'd like to grab a V when they are out , but no way am I going to part with my Mark III.
My Red stripe just kicks all sorts of ***. :D

I'm keeping my IV, it's been a reliable amp for 9 years and it's not made anymore so I want to hang onto it.

The V is a new design, and I can't help but think about the Roadking launch that had some initial bugs that needed fixes and then eventually a series II model. Not sure I want to rush to be an early adopter with a complex design like this.

Melodyman said:
I'm keeping my IV, it's been a reliable amp for 9 years and it's not made anymore so I want to hang onto it.

The V is a new design, and I can't help but think about the Roadking launch that had some initial bugs that needed fixes and then eventually a series II model. Not sure I want to rush to be an early adopter with a complex design like this.

Good point!

Summer 2000 I tried a Mark IV. I loved it, could not afford it. Finally got one in 2008 :shock:

Love it. Will never sell it. They will fail to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Back