Just got another amp - MKIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msi

Reaction score
So I just got another mesa. This time it's a Mark III. This is in addition to my two channel Dual Rectifier, Trem-o-verb combo and triaxis/2:90. I'm pretty happy.

I just got another Mark III as well. Long chassis, simul class. Purple stripe. It was $200 and nonfunctional when I bought it, and I put about $100 into it and it sounds great :D

What was wrong with it? I got mine for 500 because of a broken pot.

phyrexia said:
I just got another Mark III as well. Long chassis, simul class. Purple stripe. It was $200 and nonfunctional when I bought it, and I put about $100 into it and it sounds great :D
wow, nice!

The seller told me the OT was blown. He thought it was a 100w amp. After I got it, I looked at the OT and it was a 562003 (simul-class OT). However the power section of the amp had been rewired to look like a 100w amp. So it was all f'd up. Also apparently some resistors in the preamp section were bad. And an LDR needed to be replaced.

So actually I got the amp home and the volume would drop out once it got hot, so I brought it back to the tech. Hopefully no more charges will be incurred. I want to keep it under $300 :mrgreen: :twisted:

msi said:
So I just got another mesa. This time it's a Mark III. This is in addition to my two channel Dual Rectifier, Trem-o-verb combo and triaxis/2:90. I'm pretty happy.

Nice!
have you tried running the mark III and the Tremoverb together?
I'd be interested in hearing how those two sound together.

Latest posts

Back