MIght have to go the "head" route!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjboogie

Reaction score
Did a gig last night with my 1X12 LSS and carrying that thing still just about killed my arm. I am not the weakest guy on the planet but that little amp gets heavy after a while. I rolled it when I could but after picking up a LSS head and feeling how light that was I was like man I got to get one of those!

They don't call it it the Big blue pig for nothing! Many times I've considered converting my head to a combo.

plan-x said:
They don't call it it the Big blue pig for nothing! Many times I've considered converting my head to a combo.

Why would you want to convert the head to the combo? The only downside I see to selling my combo and buying a head and another cab is the fact that it is one more thing to carry however that one more thing will be lighter and less burdensome in that sense.

I got a head for the exact reason that the combo is too heavy.
This way I can mess around with speaker boxes (open/ closed/ 212/112/412 etc)
Ive always used combo's but Id rather make two lighter trips than one ******* heavy one.
The LS sounds great through a closed 212/412 cab btw.

I went the combo route mostly because it's more compact and easier to handle (not talking about the weight, obviously). I didn't realize the 1x12" combo was THAT heavy when I first ordered it, but it was a lot cheaper that a head and 2x12" cab setup (they don't import the 1x12" Lonestar cab here), plus since the combo has casters, I thought that would mostly resolve the weight problem, which it did. I find myself able to just push the amp on it's wheels at most places, and if I need to lift it or carry it, I usually manage get someone to assist me if it's to heavy. So at least so far I haven't encountered any real issues with it's weight, but I can certainly see how a head and cab setup would be more beneficial in some cases.

If I was able to pay the extra money for a head and a cab (something which was financially impossible for me at the time I bought the amp), I'd probably do so. But I'd really like those extension cabs to come with casters, though.

Back