transporting a mark 1 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Reaction score
is there any particular way to transport this amp? I mean like in your car int the trunk. Is it better to keep it upright I'd lying on it's back.

i don't know of any particular 'correct' way other than making sure that it isn't getting banged around or resting on the speaker or controls. i have always put my amps either on the seat padded and buckled up lol or on the floor if it fits there.

I don't think the amp cares as long as it isn't getting thrown around or bumped up against other gear. I put my Studio .22+ on it's back when I use my sweetie's Subaru Outback. In my Caravan, it sits upright with other gear keeping it from sliding around.

Of course you need a forklift to load a MK I into a car in the first place... :wink:

When I was a young man, many years ago, I was told by old veterans never lay an amp on it's side. Later on when started fixing amps for myself and friends I found out the reason. All of those old Fenders had big transformers and the lugs of the trannies were bolted to the chassis. What fender used to do on some amps was solder wire grounds to the lugs. When the amp gets layed on it's side the weight of the transformers would crack the solder and cause a bad ground and make the amp howl to high heaven. Just fixed a Fender Super 6 with this problem last month.
The weight of the trannies are the only problen I've encountered with amps layed on their side.
To this day I do not lay amps on their side when hauling it in a trailer on a long run, but won't hesitate thowing it on it's side if it's just across town and I know it does not have that solder problem.

I lay my amp on it's back when it's in my car. That way it can't tip over and really get damaged.

Latest posts

Back