Motorcycle owners on this forum?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loni Specter

Reaction score
I've always had bikes since 7 or 8 years old. Mini-bike with Briggs & Straton lawn mower engine was the first. I had a newspaper route.
Then moved up to many others including, '68 Yamaha 125, '72 yamaha 350 R-5 (great canyon carver), '65 Triumph 500, '71 Norton 750 Commando, '78 Kawasaki KZ-750, '79 Susuki GS750E, '80 Yamaha SR-500 ,'81 Yamaha 1,100 Special, '84 Honda Ascott VT-500, '85 BMW K-100
Never owned a Harley, but I'm slowing down so it might be time. :wink:

Harley owner here....2000 Ultra Classic Electra Glide, Peace Officer's Special. Soon to be a 2005 Ultra.... I have had several Harleys since 1993, and also a Kawasaki ZX6R (95). First bike was a 1984 Honda Shadow bought for 800 bucks in 1990.

RB

I used to own an 86 Yamaha YZ600 and an 88 Kawi ZX10.....The Yami was stock, but the Ninja was modded all to ****...I sure do miss that bike.

My dad was into Harley's, but they were too slow for my 16 year old self....right now I'm spending too much on trucks and guitars to afford another bike, but when I can I'm undecided on wether or not I should get another rice-rocket, or some American-iron.

once you've experienced the adrenaline rush that comes with challenging the limits of of inertia, tire adhession and your fear, it's hard to just cruise along and take in the sites. I have two younger brothers that ride. One has a Sportster 1200, the other rides a full tour Beemer. I can't handle riding with either one of them. I get too antsy and need to push faster than they care to ride. I ride alone most of the time. Of course at 55 years of age, my reflexes and vission are not what they were at 20 or even 40.
I do admire those who can be content to potatoe, potatoe along.
I'd love to build a custom big twin, but I'm afraid after the initial satisfaction of showing it off to the Rock Store regulars, I would soon be longing for a good handling canyon bike to make those little hairs on the back of my neck stand up. You know the same thing with the hairs happens when I hear Hendrix's Voodo Chile Slight Return, or Cross roads solo from Wheels of Fire.
Maybe when I'm 65 I'll settle down. Maybe not. :twisted:
See you on the road or at www.ampshow.com

Right now, I'm on my second (!) 1983 V65 Magna. It's a great bike, been riding them for about 16 years.

But........the V-Rod is looking REAL nice!

I've been a bike rider most of my life. I seem to have settled down a bit since I hit my late 30's though. Now I ride a rolling Barcolounger. I have an '88 Honda GL1500 Goldwing.

02 Suzuki SV650. Always on the lookout for smooth twisty roads 8)

MOTOR X bike rider here. I own a Suzuki RM250, and have been riding since i was about 8years old. :)

Michael

Always had bikes.. First was a Yamaha 850 special(1980)
FJ1100 1985= fast as ****, handled crappy.
GSXR1100.....whew!
The only bike I have left now is my "black bomber" Honda CB450 (1966)
That'll be sold this spring..
I find too many suck-*** drivers around me (NY suburbs) so the ratio of close calls got too high for me..
ax. :twisted:

Harley, 2005 Softail Deluxe.
Did the crotch rocket thing for 10 years. Honda VFR 750. Yes, the name is from that and flying.
I liked the Honda. I love the Harley.

Motorcycling update...picked up a new 2006 Ultra Classic Electra Glide 3 weeks ago. Suh-wheeet.

Christened it with Rush in the CD player.

You have a great road bike! You're going to enjoy that ride! Sold the Yamaha a while back. I'm sticking with my V-Strom. Hopefuly, the rain is going to let up and it'll warm up a bit.

Yeah, Brew...this is actually my 3rd Harley bagger....1st was an Electra Glide Classic...next an Ultra Classic Peace Officer's Special...then this one ...another Ultra. Mrs. Red Barchetta and I will be riding it from New Orleans to Orlando to go visit the Mouse in late April...then in October...Grand Canyon (4th time for me on bike, 1st for her)

RB

too many bikes to list but I have pwned Harleys(new 1s are way over priced ) Guzzis ,Ducs ,triumphs + suzukis so far my favorite bike I have ever owned is my current ride a 2000 triumph daytona.If i were to buy a cruiser it would be a triumph rocket 3

Back