Using 1 channel on 50/50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
Hey ya all,

I'm gonna run my Studio Preamp into the 50/50 into a 1/12 Roadster cab. Was reading the 50/50 manual, and it said, "If you wish to use only one of its channels, it is necessary to: 1) Make sure a speaker (or load resistor) remains connected to a speaker jack on both channels, including the unused one."

I called the Mesa dudes, and they said to just keep the level at 0 although he didn't sound 100%. So is that it? Or do I need some special plug to put into the other speaker jack?

Thanks again!
Scott in TX

If you read one line more in the manual it's said that that you can turn the volume to 0 if nothing is plugged on a channel.
I've use mine in that config for years without any problems. But there's no mention about the presence knob for this amp.

As long as the volume knob is on 0 all will be o.k. The presence knob wont matter if you leave it turned up.I've done this lots of times. I leave the presence set to make sure I dont accidentally use the channel with out the speaker.

Back