2 CH DR Loop Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colemaneuclid

Reaction score
I have a 2 channel dual rectifier and I can't find a good picture of a pre/post mod of the loop. I want to make it a series loop. here is a pic of the backside of my DR
102_4125.jpg

Can anyone give me some tips/pics on how do change my loop?

before:
IMGP0310.jpg

after:
IMGP0311.jpg

i hope this helps you
so remove the green wire from the left lug, and tape it up with electrical tape and tuck it away.
next, move the orange wire from the right lug to the center lug.
pretty **** easy once you get in there and realize thats all it is lol
when i did it, i set aside a large chunk of tim to do it and i was done in like 20 minutes (i was really nervous about actually modifying it and doing it wrong lol)

as you can see there is a green wire going to the mix pot on my amp as where yours it is going to the send pot [mid tab] now if i rewire my green wire from the board to the send pot would that work?

hmmm thats interesting. i would probobly remove both from the tab, but heep them connected to eachother. but thats just a guess, theres only 2 ways to find out, someone who knows better will tell you or you can just try it

well i went ahead and modded it anyways [my uncle is an electronics genius] he found the schematics and said it would work out fine. sofar so good. but it sounds way more raw when i only use a patch cable in the loop with the send pot at 100% the mix pot is taken out of the equation. with the loop bypassed the amp sounds mean and full like it should. i still have yet to tweak it with the effects loop on both orange and red.

Well I did it. I went and bought the soldering iron and looked at the pictures and watched some soldering videos on you tube and I did the FX loop mod myself. Holy ****!! Me Triple rectifier has come alive. I cannot believe how much better it sounds. I love it! Now I have a question or two.

1. What are you guys setting your send level at? I find that 1 to 2 oclock is good. Anything higher and I start clipping my effects.

2. When I am not playing with the volume on my guitar down I have a hum I never really had at least not as noticeable. I moved my Boss NS into the loop and problem solved. Has anyone else noticed this hum?

Hey guys I am new here and since I just got a red g-system :p I have some questions for you guys. As you know the Mesa Dual Rec's FX loop has a lot of bleed. I have a dual rec racktifier with the black chassis. I care nothing about the FX blend option or turning the fx loop on or off (I want it on all the time). It would be cool if the send knob still works. Soo all I have to do is clip the green wire? or do i ALSO need to solder the orange wire to the read lead on the pot? This is suspiciously too simple. :|
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-Zak-

zakmetal said:
Hey guys I am new here and since I just got a red g-system :p I have some questions for you guys. As you know the Mesa Dual Rec's FX loop has a lot of bleed. I have a dual rec racktifier with the black chassis. I care nothing about the FX blend option or turning the fx loop on or off (I want it on all the time). It would be cool if the send knob still works. Soo all I have to do is clip the green wire? or do i ALSO need to solder the orange wire to the read lead on the pot? This is suspiciously too simple. :|
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-Zak-

Clip the green wire AND solder the orange to the red. The send pot is still active, but the mix knob isn't.

ShamefulAddiction said:
So with this mod does it render the send/mix pots useless?

The send pot will still work, but the mix knob won't. You'll also still have the master volume function and the loop can still be turned on/off with the footswitch.

Thanks Mikey! I will be tackling this mod tonight. I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Thanks,
-Zak-

You don't even have to move the orange wire really. If you don't, all that will happen is that the Mix knob will become a return level knob that doesn't go all the way down to zero - no big deal, you can either use it like that or leave it maxed, in which case there is no electrical difference compared to moving the wire.

*All* you really need to do is disconnect the green wire(s) from the pot.

Just did mine, Works great!! I only removed the green wire.

Does it matter where you keep the "loop active master" knob?
It seems to only affect volume like the Mix does.

I have the send and mix on 100%.

The Loop Active Master should work exactly as before. The *only* difference you now have is that no dry signal bleeds through the loop via the Mix pot.

If it sounds good with the Send knob all the way that's fine, but you will have a substantial gain boost like that. The unity setting is somewhere lower... I forget where, but you can find it exactly if you max the Loop Active Master, and switch the loop on and off with the big knob on the back while adjusting the Send.

94Tremoverb said:
You don't even have to move the orange wire really. If you don't, all that will happen is that the Mix knob will become a return level knob that doesn't go all the way down to zero - no big deal, you can either use it like that or leave it maxed, in which case there is no electrical difference compared to moving the wire.

*All* you really need to do is disconnect the green wire(s) from the pot.

Sorry to bring back an old thread.

I have a Tremoverb and what I am really missing is a volume level boost for solos (same sound just louder whether it is clean or dirty).

First of all I thought I would use an EQ pedal in the loop as a boost, and thought perhaps I would mod the loop to series although I'm not sure this is strictly necessary for an EQ effect :?:

Anyway, I saw your comment about leaving the mix knob in the circuit as a return level knob when doing the series loop mod. Could I use this to my advantage so that I don't need a boosting device such an EQ, i.e. put a patch cable between the send and return jacks, set orange and red channel masters so that they are loud enough for solos with the loop switched off (by footswitch), and then set the mix knob for a 'rhythm cut' volume level when the loop is on? So effectively I would switch the loop off by footswitch when I wanted to take a solo.

If you're not using the loop for effects, you don't have to mod the amp. Get a spare 1/4" plug and short the tip connection to ground inside. Put that in the FX return jack, and now as you turn *up* the Mix control the volume will go down, because you're essentially mixing in silence.

94Tremoverb said:
If you're not using the loop for effects, you don't have to mod the amp. Get a spare 1/4" plug and short the tip connection to ground inside. Put that in the FX return jack, and now as you turn *up* the Mix control the volume will go down, because you're essentially mixing in silence.

94Tremoverb thanks you are a genius! :D I should have realised that the mix pot is just being used as a simple voltage divider. I don't currently use any effects in the loop, so I will give this a try and report back. Maybe in the future I will go the whole hog with the serial mod.

Latest posts

Back