• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Headshells for Sale (Fit MkII, III, IV, shorthead)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey gts, SUPERB WORK ON THOSE.... i was wondering if you do custom orders??? I recently got a MKIV short head but its a rackmount and I want to put it in a head. The Black taurus with wicker grill would be perfect. Would you be interested???? i would be abel to send payment right away.... get back to me ASAP Thanx

Wow GTS I'm super impressed man... I notice you said you might do custom orders so I was wondering where you lived, I have a mav 4x10 thats in need of a new house due to the beat up mongrel of a body its in now... the reason I wanted to know what area you lived in is cause shipping would be an absolute pain on something that large. anywhere near the ATL, GA area?

Gts,

Where do you get the handles from? I need to get a new handle for my shell.

Gts, sweet work, man! Can I fit this:

IIC01.jpg

into the black headshell with my chassis having the SUS mount? Would I just need to get out a big 'ol drill bit and enlarge the mounting holes to fit the cups in? How much for a "bare" one (no vinyl - I want to dump my Subway into a head too but have a "special" covering in mind :wink: ) and when is the next batch coming out? I want to use my MKIIC+ all the time but need the head/cab setup to save my aging, frail *** from injury. Thanks. Z

hey man..would you be interested in some sort of trade?

I am interested in a plain black (older tolex) with the black cloth for the satellite I just bought...

gts said:
psychodave said:
I am interested in a plain black (older tolex) with the black cloth for the satellite I just bought...

Dave I have extra shells built waiting to be tolexed etc... have the black clothe etc too

check the mounting hole spacing on the Satellite and let me know.

It's probaby the same as every thing else "short head" sized.

Only different short chasis spacing I know if is the original Mark I -
seems mkII's, III's, and IV's all have the same mounting hole spacing as did Subway rockets Studio 22's.... etc etc etc ;-)

I didnt get it yet...I shouyld get it later this week. Once I get it I will send you a message. 8) 8) 8)

gts said:
These two are now Sold.

Thanks everyone for the interest and comments. It is enjoyable to make them.

Anyone want a "Non-Blem/ 2nd"?
For "perfect" ones price is $225 plus shipping. I have a few "orders" underway already (and a re-tolex job to tackle ;-) ).
How much (more) for a medium headshell as opposed to the short head? :mrgreen:

psychodave said:
gts said:
psychodave said:

Dave I have extra shells built waiting to be tolexed etc... have the black clothe etc too

seems mkII's, III's, and IV's all have the same mounting hole spacing as did Subway rockets Studio 22's.... etc etc etc ;-)

I didnt get it yet...I shouyld get it later this week. Once I get it I will send you a message. 8) 8) 8)

I should be getting the satellite this Saturday. Once I get it I will send you the mounting hole spacing 8)

GTS,

Great looking cabinets. I have wanted a headshell for my DC-5 but it's longer than the short head. Do you make them for this amp? I have also considered doing the work myself for fun but not sure what type of joint to use to connect the pieces. Do you mind sharing your technique with me?

I made a headshell for my Ampeg J-12R, little 15 watt combo, because I couldn't find any already built. I used a butt joint with a strip of wood in the inside corner for reinforcement but in order to keep to original dimensions with my DC-5 I won't be able to fit any reinforcements. Can't use screws without them getting in the way of the router either.

Thanks

psychodave said:
psychodave said:
gts said:

I should be getting the satellite this Saturday. Once I get it I will send you the mounting hole spacing 8)

The dimensions are the same as a short head. It fits a normal boogie rack mount. What cost am I looking at?

I've received my short head-- the one from George's original post. It's really nice work, fit and finish really do seem as good as a Mesa factory job and the ventilation is significantly better. Buy with confidence, this is a really good product.

Back