Mark III Mods ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdgeOfDarkness

Reaction score
What mods do they offer for the Mark III ?
Can they make a 60 watt into a Simul class ?

What Mods have you guys had done ? :?:

i am pretty sure they offer

the rythem 2 volume mod
the rythem 2 gain mod
the reverb mod

Adding a graphic eq

I am not sure but i think you might need a new tranny to change a 60 into a simul.

I have the rythem 2 volume mod done on mine.

It changes the reverb knob into a volume knob for R2. Mine is done to the DI knob so I can still change the 'verb.

i have a long head so i had an extra hole in the back so my verb is still bueno.

But it is a master volume for rythem 2. so now there is no irritating volume drop.

I took mine to my local shop for the modand with parts it was around 65 dollars. but if you can solder well you could get away just with parts for 8 bucks.

EdgeOfDarkness said:
What mods do they offer for the Mark III ?
Can they make a 60 watt into a Simul class ?

It's doable , but it would likely cost less to buy a simul III head used .

I been playing my MkIII combo since '87 , and on occasion the mod bug bites . R2 mod is worthwhile , but not really necessary the way I play .

Oh , the IIIc+ mod , if I had an extra head lying about , **** straight .

Gonna have to contact Mike B. for that one .

The R2 volume mod on a short chassis may not mean having to give up your Reverb or Direct out controls. Jay and I are about to try out a "no compromise" R2 volume mod for the short chassis Mark III. It involves a stacked (inner and outer knobs like on some of the effect pedals) 250K audio taper pot that will go in place of the presence pot. In theory it will work. We will see how this redneck engineering concept plays out. The inner and outer knobs are a bit of a pain to set, but once they are set, you should not have to adjust them too often. :D I'll post pics if this experiment is a success.

JOEY B. said:
The R2 volume mod on a short chassis may not mean having to give up your Reverb or Direct out controls. Jay and I are about to try out a "no compromise" R2 volume mod for the short chassis Mark III. It involves a stacked (inner and outer knobs like on some of the effect pedals) 250K audio taper pot that will go in place of the reverb pot. In theory it will work. We will see how this redneck engineering concept plays out. The inner and outer knobs are a bit of a pain to set, but once they are set, you should not have to adjust them too often. :D I'll post pics if this experiment is a success.

nice! They will have my amp tomorrow so I will pass along this crazy redneck thought of yours. haha maybe they'll put your initials on it!

I can't help but think how much more those pictures would be worth if it was not a success! :wink: I wish you well.

GIG4FUN said:
nice! They will have my amp tomorrow so I will pass along this crazy redneck thought of yours. haha maybe they'll put your initials on it!

They will have to put the initials "JJ" on it because it was not my idea originally.

GIG4FUN said:
I can't help but think how much more those pictures would be worth if it was not a success! :wink: I wish you well.

The circuit board part of it is not a problem.
There is already an "auxillary AC outlet" compromise (plan B), just in case. :shock:

Joey, that ought to work fine. I used a concentric pot when I modded my AC15 - it was a MV and a "Cut" on the same control.

Finding knobs that will not make me cringe when I look at them is a different story :p

http://www.has-sound.com/parts.htm Here is a link to the pot I bought. Scroll down until you see 250k concentric audio pot. May can find it cheaper, but this is only place I could find. You have to order a knob set also for it to work. It should work fine. There is plenty of room behind the presence pot. Will be taking it to Joey B's house soon and we will let you know how it works and try to take some pics.

Hey, that website does have a lot of useful pots I haven't seen. Way more concentric pots than I've ever seen.

How is that destroyer of speakers, Mike? Still purring?

Does the C+ get it close to mark II C+ specs ?
I am geting a mark III (Blue Str) 60 watt, non reverb and non simul class, it does have the EQ though.
I more than likely will never mod it at all.
just curious as to what all these mods do and what I would be able to get done to it if I needed to.
I would like to get to maybe get two more 6l6's installed if it does'nt cost too much.
But I might not, I will have to see how much headroom it has stock, it might be perfect for me the way it is.
On my quad the only channel I really used was channel 2 (mark III)...and I never ran my 295 in el34 only mode.(class A ?)

Latest posts

Back