questions for using effects on Dual Recto solo heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreelanceX

Reaction score
Dear fellow guitar players,

I am currently using a Boss ME-50 multi effects processor with a dual rectifier solo head and as we all know, that's a combo that just doesn't work well. So I'm thinking about setting up a pedalboard with:

1. delay
2. reverb
3. phaser
4. chorus
5. rotary
6. whammy/octave
7. wah.

I need your guys' expertise on the best sounding pedals that would go with this specific amplifier. In other words, pedals that will give me great sounding effects without draining the original dual recto tone.

Also, I'm a total noob when it comes to using the fx loop in the back of the amp. All I know is you're supposed to plug delay and certain modulation effects there but the send/receive knobs confuse me. If I turn up the right knob to 100% I get more effect but the tone sucks and if I turn the knob to 10% I get almost no effect but good tone. When I turn the phaser volume too high it goes into crazy supersonic ear-killing mode. Is this because I'm just using the ME-50? Sry for all the questions.

HELP GUYS...

FreelanceX

My setup is not too confusing.

I'm running a Line6 DL4 delay, a Rocktron Vertigo Vibe and a modded Crybaby wah in front of my Dual Rec with great results. I use a custom built multi-looper which takes each effect in and out of the signal path independently. However, a single loop would probably do the trick very well. Basically, when you have all of the effects out of the loop, it's still the same as running your guitar straight into the amp.

if you want to use all those effects your gonna lose tone.

Personally i favour something like the gsystem for my delays mods etc. Stick it in the effects loop. Not ideal as its a parallel one but with some tweaking it can sound cool. Just make sure ur effect mix is 100%.

As far as wah's go id go for a Budda.

Octave pedal. Roger mayer octavia. I want one of those!!

if your after seperate effects id go for nova delay. Mxr for a phaser. Choral flange for your chorus and flanger if you want.

Back