Updated: ProNet Pricing as of January 2011

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, thanks for your kindness!
sonriente2.gif

The pricing is on it. Pro Net is actual price. There is no discount or manufacturers "suggested" retail price (MSRP). They set the price and thats it, so no one can get a bad deal... its only one deal.

noooo .... I login ...

There is no pricing in this thread ... at least nothing shows up for me?

Am I missing something?

Where is the pricing?

ChuckB said:
noooo .... I login ...

There is no pricing in this thread ... at least nothing shows up for me?

Am I missing something?

Where is the pricing?

Uh? Click on the images in the first post :shock:

Mesa would kick my dealer's arse if they knew he sold me my Road King II for $2349.00 plus tax, ordered in early 2008. That is a $400.00 savings.

aCk!!! Thfpppttt!!! :shock:

dmcguitar said:
The pricing is on it. Pro Net is actual price. There is no discount or manufacturers "suggested" retail price (MSRP). They set the price and thats it, so no one can get a bad deal... its only one deal.

This is so weird.

In Canada its barter away on Mesa gear like any other music product. I have always gotten large discounts on any Boogie amp.

I also know some dealers in the US will discount a Mesa (or whatever) amp by writing on the sales slip that it was a floor model with a tolex rip etc. and has to be discounted. (Whether damaged or not).

In Canada having a fixed price like that dictated by the manufacturer with a threat of loss of franchaise is against the law.

There has to be the same laws in the USA.

brianf

The prices all seem to be a lot higher in Canada, so maybe that's why they can discount? Mark em up higher so they have room to move or something....

I think this goes back to the early days when you could only get a Boogie by ordering direct from Mesa. When they started getting dealerships, They still sold direct and didn't want conflicting prices as their dealer network was small. If you were a Mesa dealer wouldn't you want to keep saying that it's Mesa's fault you can't cut prices. I don't know what would be illegal about it but, it's a sweet deal for the retailers if they all stick together on it.

I think it's geared more towards not charging people more for the amp, not less. Obviously if a dealer wants to sell it for less, he can.

Am I wrong?

I was speaking of the early days of their business. You make a good point about dealers charging more because they have them in stock and customers wouldn't have to wait. In the early days you would have had to pay Mesa's price to order direct, no dickering there, hence dealers were not allowed to vary their prices. I have a clear memory of a dealer telling me that they weren't allowed to cut prices on Boogies. At this time the bulk of their business came from direct sales and Mesa didn't want to be undersold. I think it's reasonable to assume that Mesa didn't want their customers to be price gouged by greedy dealers as well so both answers are probably correct.

I feel sick.
Triple Recto in Oz = AUD$5200
AUD$1.00 = USD$0.94
Now you know why I just lost my cookies.

Hey y'all - I new to this board, doing some research, so forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I'm curious if there are any dealers that offer Mesa Boogie amps below full retail. There are 4 Guitar Center stores in my area (Seattle), but only a few carry Mesa amps in stock and seem intent on selling at full retail price. Given our high sales tax, buying from an out of state dealer would be slightly less expensive, even at full retail price and shipping cost.

I'm looking for a 1x12 Express 5:25, possibly a 1x12 5:50 or a 1x12 LoneStar Special. Considering Mesa's transferable warranty, waiting for a used amp can save considerable $.

thanks in advance for your time,
Dave

paintballnsk said:
I think it's geared more towards not charging people more for the amp, not less. Obviously if a dealer wants to sell it for less, he can.

Am I wrong?

My local dealers won't budge off the pro-net pricing. It is an agreement they make when they become a Mesa dealer. Of course, some dealers are hustlers and break with the sales agreements and don't stick with pronet pricing. Whatever.

Latest posts

Back