Hooking up a ISP Decimator Pro Rack G

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremonti

Reaction score
I have an ISP Decimator Pro Rack G and have in in rig and it works wonderful. I have it as follows: Guitar>ISP(ch.1)>Triaxis>effects loop to ISP(ch.2)>Triaxis outputs to G Major>BBE Sonic Maximizer>Mesa 2:90. Is this the best way to have it set up?

Hi, i am not that an expert, but personally i wouldnt put the 2nd chan in the FX-Loop of the triaxis. Using the Triaxis as a mono-output preamp basically is right (and no, the triaxis doesnt generate a stereo signal at all by itself) i would put normally after the output and then go from the ISP in the GMajor. Mono of course, since the signal is naturally mono from the Triaxis anyways. One other thing: Be sure you have the so called 'Larry Mod' in your ISP ProRack G. It consists of 4 resistors which have to be placed on the main PCB of the ISP, it corrects the time vector processing to be much more accurate. If you need more Info see this page from ISP website: http://www.isptechnologies.com/decimatortimevectorprocessingmod.htm everything is explained there. I have done the mod on my unit myself, it is very easy to do. Okay, good luck with your setup. Send some pics in the gear thread! bye!!

Actually, sides A and B of the Triaxis have slight tonal differences from running thru both sides of V5 at final output. Not only can you hear it but you can also see it if you watch the G Major's meters. You can really hear this by trying each side individually in a mono setup. Having said that, I would try both ways of running the Decimator before making any final determination. The disadvantage to running stereo (using the fx loop of the Triaxis) is no noise reduction on that V5 output stage. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back