Triaxis Lead 1 Red (phat mod) settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakem

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for getting useful heavy sounds out from this channel/mode?

My setup: TA -> G-Maj -> 2:90 -> Mesa Recto 412 std cab

Thanks!

-Jaakko

I sold my phat modded triaxis because I found the lead 1 red useless. My new, older Triaxis with the TX4 circuit sounds phenomenal. The lead 1 red is my main mode.

Long story short, sell it and get one inbetween serial #'s 1631 and 8279.

That's my opinion cause I had the same dilemma as you at one point.

Good luck! Greg

Gregwor said:
I sold my phat modded triaxis because I found the lead 1 red useless. My new, older Triaxis with the TX4 circuit sounds phenomenal. The lead 1 red is my main mode.

Good luck! Greg

I have the TX4- board in mine (serial 70xx) so I could reverse it BUT first I need to get a confirmation from Mesa that those instructions floating around internet for removing the phat mod are correct.

You have to try weird settings. I tried some "out there" settings last night and got good a pretty good crunch:

0/8/10/4/10/0/5/10/3

I didn't play this setting with a band or at high volumes so it may not work for you. I don't like running the gain too high as it tends to soften the tone and make it too mushy for my taste.

Greg

disassembled said:
You have to try weird settings. I tried some "out there" settings last night and got good a pretty good crunch:

0/8/10/4/10/0/5/10/3

I didn't play this setting with a band or at high volumes so it may not work for you. I don't like running the gain too high as it tends to soften the tone and make it too mushy for my taste.

Greg

I'm gonna give these settings a go tonight. Thanks! We'll see how do those sound.

well i'm going through the phat mod newer triaxis problem. Recently bought a newer triaxis (still under warranty). I used to own a triaxis a few years ago, so i bought this new one, and guess what... it doesnt sound anything like i remember. So i picked up one with the tx4 board in it (t7xxx serial) and there is the sound i was missing. The newer lead 1 red is horrible compared to the old one.

dave

dpeterson said:
well i'm going through the phat mod newer triaxis problem. Recently bought a newer triaxis (still under warranty). I used to own a triaxis a few years ago, so i bought this new one, and guess what... it doesnt sound anything like i remember. So i picked up one with the tx4 board in it (t7xxx serial) and there is the sound i was missing. The newer lead 1 red is horrible compared to the old one.

dave

I've been saying that since I tried the new LD1Red back in July. What a terrible tone to shove in the TA. I really don't care if the old TX4 board wasn't an exact copy of a dual recto, like some people ***** about, but atleast you can get some good diverse tones out of it compared to the rest of the channels.

Greg

I'm so happy I got srial# 4475! From the sounds of it not many people like the Phat mod.
I love this freakin' thing. I just got mine Tuesday!
Love it, love it,love it.....

:lol:

Gregwor said:

Good luck! Greg

howdy. I have a Triaxis, Serial # T-6639

Does this mean i have the potentially better version? (non Phat)?
i actually thought mine had the Phat mod...
but if this is the range, then i guess i dont?

mightywarlock said:
Gregwor said:

Good luck! Greg

howdy. I have a Triaxis, Serial # T-6639

Does this mean i have the potentially better version? (non Phat)?
i actually thought mine had the Phat mod...
but if this is the range, then i guess i dont?

you could still have a phat mod but it's unlikely. I think alot of people confuse the fat mod with the triaxis not having the tx4 board (recto) and have the tx5 (totally different board). you can reverse a phat modded tx4 board, but cannot from the tx5 board as it's totally different.

dave

Back