So who here plays a PRS (bring pics)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great guitars everybody. I'm looking to join the PRS club sometime this year hopefully. I think it's time for a new toy for me. :D

nqd said:
Thanks for your opinion Platypus... I will try before buy the Dragon treble but at this moment Im so happy with my Tremonti

Cool :)

I'm glad you're still going to try it though, I don't want my opinion to sway you!

o.k., a bit of a continuance in thread diversion here, but...

.....I would love to hear other pickup replacement suggestions for a PRS. I have a custom 24 from 94, came stock with the HFS and VB.

I have definately worked around the shrillness aspect with EQing and such, but reading all the comments makes me wonder if I might need to do a bit of experimenting.

I want something versatile as I play lots of different styles (funk,jazz,rock) so something geared mostly for metal won't do it. Any suggestions out there?

I will try to help get this one back on track when i get home, as I don't have any pics of my PRS on my work computer, will post later.

Here's mine,

Custom 22 Artist Package, wide-fat neck, Dragon II pickups

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the Dragons in it when I got it so I swapped them out for some high output WB Custom pickups which I didn't like so I put the Dragons back in. After adding a rack mount EQ to my rig I really am happy with the Dragons at this point in time. I think they're very good pickups. I'm not so ready to go with higher output pickups like I use to be.

prs22.jpg

Not such a great pic but it was already in photobucket.

BTW...new to the board. Hello all.

I think mine is a 2005 Custom 24 Artist...looming over the Suhr & Boogie...

Suhr.jpg
[/img]

I'm over due for some photos so I made the effort. Not the best, but oh well. :lol: The Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB set is coming out, too shrill with the SLO-100.

img0514bl7ky6.jpg

Here's my Custom 24. I took out the PRS pups and put in Duncans - Custom Custom in neck, and JB in the bridge. Keeps the wide variety of tones available, which is why I wanted a jack of all trades PRS guitar. IMO it is one of the better utility guitars out there - good (great!) at many things. I also took out the 5 way rotary pup selector and put in a 3 way with a push/pull tone to split the bridge pup. Works swell.

P1010045.jpg

Sportin a SE Singlecut with Tremonti bass in the neck and Dragon II Treble in the birdge... sounds absolutely amazing to me. Im pretty eclectic with playing tastes but this is just one fun guitar to play... =) (pic is in signature)

Commander Coo1 said:
alright, thats a nice group, which one is your favorite?

My 513 without any doubt. I sold besides my Hollowbody and my Swamp-ash to buy it. It is an extraordinary guitar on all the ways.

I wasn't a fan of PRS guitars because I never knew anyone that would let me use one for an extended period of time and I didn't want to plunk down that much money on a gamble to see if I liked it. Luckily the Army decided to buy a Custom 24 and I signed it out on Monday...WOW this guitar is just a tone monster and plays better than my Parker Fly. Here's the pic of the guitar that inspired me to find a Custom 24 for myself:

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

Yeah, it's an absolute plain jane cu24 and it is pretty beat for being an 05 but after I adjusted the action it plays incredibly well. My Parker Fly Classic is up for sale and I just bought this since the price was just too good to let pass(i warn the pics aren't stunning ):

Picture213.jpg

Picture207.jpg

No birds but it has a 10 top (quilted and the color is whale blue). I will take better pics after I receive the guitar in a couple of weeks. This will be MY first PRS and the most expensive guitar I've bought so far.

I am so glad I laid my hands on the Cu24 because my picking hand never jived with the Parker and it slowed me down significantly. Now I am picking and playing better than ever and i only seem to be getting better. Maybe it's just poor technique on my part but the carved top is exactly what my right forearm needed for support while I pick.

Back