Help in vocals recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_kill

Reaction score
http://www.myspace.com/silversight

Ok, the language is portuguese, from Portugal. Soon, we will make a new recording, more progressive. The thing is, almost everyone tells me that the vocals sucks... My main question for you is: any thoughts about how to make the singer sound better? We are looking for a female voice, but until then...

Also feel free to give advices regarding other aspects of the recording...

By the way, the amp is a single recto, except the solos that were made through a alesis pre amp (i found it difficult to make a good solo sound from the recto). by the way, The song "sozinho na noite" is the heaviest XD, "abismo" is a little too popish.

Cheers and thakx in advance

have you used a compressor on the vox, if you compress the hell out of it it will make them stand out in the mix better and sit back in the mix better when they are too loud.

The vocals are too loud most of the time. They are also off pitch quite often. Autotune or have the singer sing more in tune.

Back the level down and try a little delay or reverb. Sounds very dry.

When the vocals are doubled you should back down one of the tracks. Have the better track at double the volume of the other track.

Compression can be good to use on vocals but don't overdo it.

Good luck.

Back