So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regret

Reaction score
Beside my DC-5, I have a Marshall JCM900 SL-X 2100 EL-34 that gives me the Marshall tones the DC-5 doesn't have. I need a ToneBone A/B switcher though.

I also own 2 combos: a Peavey Rage 158 (1st amp) and a Marshall MG80r cd (2nd amp, I like it for a solid state and use it for practice if the weather is bad and I don't want to take my tubes)

1. Peavey Rage 158.
2. Marshall MG80r cd combo on top of a Marshall MG412B.
3. Marshall JCM900SL-X on top of a Marshall 1960AV.
4. Mesa DC-5 on top of a Mesa horiz. Recto 2x12.

So what do you own?

Right now I have a Dean Markley RM-40DC, Fender Champ and Rockman head. Lone Star Special coming...

Ned

Peavey Rockmaster Preamp

Peavey 75w 1x15 keyboard amp (I played punk, it was loud at took dirt boxes well, what more did I need in an amp?)

Mesa Recto Preamp & 2:100 Power Amp

Rockford-Fosgate Punch 600a5 (powers my truck's stereo)

I'm currently saving for a MkIIB, but other **** keeps getting in the way.....

I have a loaded Mark III with 2 thieles in imbuya/wicker, a 1968 Gibson Hawk 1-10", and a '40's 1-8" screamer. My son has a TSL100, a Peavey Roadmaster 160 head (excellent) , and a Holmes T75 piece of junk. I'd like to add a JTM45 to the mix with a greenback loaded cab, and a Fender blackface Twin or Deluxe.
ax. :twisted:

Just a IIC. It does everything I need it to, no matter the volume. I am rehousing it in a hardwood head/1U rack combination with matching speaker cabinet and wicker grilles.

I would like some way to practice with headphones, but I've got other priorities.

nocluejimbo said:
Just a IIC. It does everything I need it to, no matter the volume. I am rehousing it in a hardwood head/1U rack combination with matching speaker cabinet and wicker grilles.

What are you racking with it?

screamingdaisy said:
nocluejimbo said:

What are you racking with it?

I'll probably just make a regular head casing with a 1U space at the bottom. It will work out since the head is the same width as a rack unit.

nomad 45 lc head (jj/testla)
avatar 2x12 (celestion vintage 30 and g12h30)
jcm 900 100 watt dual reverb combo (jj/testla and vintage 30's)
marshall mg30 (miserable practice amp)

used to own:
marshall avt150 combo
marshall dsl50 head
marshall 1960a

ax..i share your desire for a jtm45, or even a bluesbreaker combo.. simple, efficient, brilliant. played one at long and mcquade and i was hooked, shame on the prices marshall think they can get away with on the reissues...

ladyfriend has an all origal fender vibrolux reverb, original tubes, speaker, tube chart, cover, and a matching extension cab sitting in her basement collecting dust. not quite a fender deluxe, but its a wondre of an amp.

'96 Mesa Dual Rectifier
2000 Marshall JMP-1
Mesa/Boogie Fifty/Fifty
Earth Producer bass amp head
Fender Jam practice amp

MTX 421d - in my car;)

Sooner or later:
Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 channel) or Mesa Mark IV
Bogner Uberschall or H&K Triamp MKII

http://www.johnnybrooks.com/lonestar.html

I was havin' big problems with my marshall practice amp
(playing in clean and it goin' into dirt on its own :shock: )
so I took it back and got a little pa system and this thing
in solid rosewood (I guess it's a limited or somthing).
It seems to work well and looks good.
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/vr_range/vr1530.htm

http://www.johnnybrooks.com/aer-alpha.html

http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=1412&sid=420&cid=94

Carvin MTS 3200

Engl Powerball

Marshall JMP-1

Mesa Triaxis

Mesa 2:90

Rocktron Piranha

Ampeg SS140C

Mesa Nomad 45 1x12
Carr Rambler 1x12
Supro Bantam
'65 Vibro Champ w/Weber 8A125 (Oxford 'retired')
'64 Princeton Reverb w/1x12 baffle & Weber 12A150
'64 Deluxe Reverb
'66 Princeton Reverb
'72 Bassman head modded & rodded
imitation Fender cab w/ 1x12" Celestion G12H-80

Right now my only real amp is my Nomad 100 212. I also run it through a closed back 412, and switch via a MIDI controller and program changes. I'll use the 212 or 412 speakers depending on the effects patch. For something with with lots of flanger or other swirly needs, the open 212 sounds better. Dryer settings favor the 412.

For practice and workshop needs, I have a Tech 21 Trademark 10. Not bad for a tranny.

I'm thinking about adding an EL84 combo later this year. So far, the Lonestar Special is looking pretty good.

Early 90's Mesa Dual Rectifier Rack Mount Head, serial Number R-001032 :D

IT's mint too :lol: with black faceplate!

Used to have a chrome chassis black diamond early issue Triple Recto too. Really miss that one.

In addition to the Mesa DC-5

83 JCM 800 2203
VHT Pittbull 50 CL/EQ
Bogner Ecstasy 101B

I have 4 slanted 4x12's, a Marshall 1960 (G12T75's), a Bogner (V30's), a VHT Fatbottom (P50E's) and a Soldano (V30's)

Current amps:
Mesa Tremoverb into a Genz-Benz Gflex 2x12
and...
Pignose :lol:

Do a lot of my practicing with a Line6 GuitarPort. Has some handy tools and useable sounds. Plus the headphones allow for late night jams.

Used to Own:
Peavey 5150II w/matching Cab
Laney VH100R
H&K Triamp
Fargen Bordeaux 2x12 combo
'74 Fender Super Reverb

Latest posts

Back