Mark Tremonti tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha. welcome to the club.

it seems i'm GASing for something different every day, but i have been for a new wah for a while. i've had my current one for probably 6 or 7 years now. i think it might be time for a change. plus, the switchless thing is just calling my name. :roll: since i usually don't play with a rhythm guitarist (just singer, me, bass, and drums) i really need to transition more quickly. that switch is just a pain.

yeah, I've had the Tremonti wah for over two years now and absolutely love to hear it everytime I push my foot down. That's another reason they're so cool, you don't have to actually push/click it to get it to come on and off.

Go for it! You won't regret it.

yeah, switches are my worst enemy! Everytime I touched it: "is it on?", "is it off?" I hated them! The 95q got me started on switchless, then the Morley BHII made me forget about crybaby wahs altogether. The sweep range is three times as large on a Morley as it is on a crybaby. Going back to a crybaby just FEELS wrong now, ESPECIALLY with a blasted switch. Yuck... The switchless feature on Morleys are a super time saver (and headache reducer!) and it makes the 'pedal dance' ten times easier...

whoever asked about a boost/OD pedal w/ rectos, there's tons of old threads on here about that topic. for me a boost is completely necessary, especially for playing with a group. Without it my tone is "just okay," with it my tone is freaking badass! plus its nice to use it to toggle between rhythm and harder rhythm tones.

somebody identify this Mesa combo. Which Lonestar is it? Lonestar Special or the Lonestar?

17780473681217ce955cte7.jpg

i would guess it is a lonestar classic. i personally can't really tell from that angle. i would say LSC simply because if it is with a band such as alter bridge, i'd think they'd be using it for cleans, and they would need a very loud clean amp. i'm assuming that is miles's amp? i'm kidna suprised tremonti hasn't started using the lonestar instead of the fender for his cleans.

the way AB shares guitar duty on stage right now is freaken awesome! Myles is a pretty good guitar player.

Agreed!

And guess what?

I'm seeing them live tonight! :D :D :D

I'll tell you all about Tremonti''s tone tomorrow guys!

ah. i'm jealous. are they headlining or opening for someone? who else is playing?

take some pics while you're there too.

Awesome can't wait to hear about his tone live. They played there warm-up show here at The Social. Tried to get tickets but it sold out in 8 minutes! That left me no chance..lol

Hey guys!

I got to see Alter Bridge live as headlining band in Tempe, AZ last night. Thought I'd share some of the wealth for all the Tremonti / AB fans on here!

First off, greatest Rock show I've seen to date....just flat out amazing...everyone was spot on, great set, and the energy was insane!

Front row too

Not to mention the guitar rigs were insane! Miles was running 4 mesa 4x12s with what I'm guessing would be the Mark IV and Roadster...most of it really sounded Mark IV to me....the only amp I could see of his lonestar.

Mark also ran 4 mesa 4x12 with his 2 fender twins. For heads, Uberschall, Shive, and Triple Recto. It seems that the recto is going out though...if you look at the pics, you'll notice it wasn't rackmounted....only the Uber and Shiva were...makes me think it isn't too permanent. Anyway, his tones were AMAZING! Lead tone has improved tenfold with his Shiva, and the Uberschall really gives the boot to the recto IMO.

As for PRSi...well...let's just say Myles and Mark were swapping guitars every song

Myles was using:

2 Black McCartys: Duncan in the bridge
A Red flamed McCarty with trem
Black Hollow McCarty with Piezo
A Black Singlecut 250 with bridge pup swapped
A Sunburst Singlecut 250 with both pups swapped
A Blue Modern Eagle with a Duncan in the Bridge

Mark:
A BUNCH of his singlecuts
The new blue and white striped one is awesome live!
(Look at the pics to see all of them)

Pics and videos are here:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/tumil7654/Alterbridge/

Let me know what you guys think!

I really like his blue/white singlecut. Badass!

Thanks for all the pics.

BTW...how did you score front row?????

Back