• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***SOLD***Mark II C+ HX Head.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnlee

Reaction score
So I'm going to put up my Mark II C+ HX head for sale. I'll have on Reverb in a few days, but I thought I'd post here first in case anyone is interested. I need to clean the pots, do some other general maintenance and get some new pics since photobucket is now basically defunct. I'm open for image hosting suggestions to put up some pics here or PM me with your email and I can send pics.

In case you don't know, HX means: (H) = High Ouptut [i.e. four 6l6 power tubes that run in 60w or 100 watt mode] and (X) = Export transformer that can be run at different voltages (100, 117, 200, 220, 230, 240) for use in countries worldwide with different power circuits and demands. The export transformer is a beast and quite different tonewise (more robust?) than the 105 transformer. There is a ton of information to be found on the groogle machine about the difference between the X and the 105.

It comes with a heavy duty flight case. I am the second owner (I've had it since 1991). It is wrapped in cream tolex with a couple of cigarette burns on top. Because it's been played...a lot.. in smokey bars, at drunken rehearsals and at weddings that failed quickly. (Remember when you could smoke at gigs?) But I'd still call the condition good to very good for a 35+ year old road warrior. Serial # is 1289X.

No hassle, no haggle price is 2300.00 USD plus actual shipping in COUS.

Just FYI, if you set the export transformer voltage to the 100 volt setting and plug the amp into 120 volts, this will result in too much voltage getting into the circuitry. This is the exact opposite of sagged voltage as you wrote.

You'll over-voltage the amp by about 20 percent by doing that. That is extremely unwise and will cause greatly shortened tube life and quite likely this will lead to other issues as well.

If you want to sag the mains voltage, use a variac between the wall plug and the amp. Do NOT use the amp's voltage selector on anything other than the voltage setting that matches your local line voltage.

Ah, thank you for the correction! I never tried it, but I did read it somewhere at some point. I always left it at 117v. I will edit the post. **** those urban legends! Thank you again.

No graphic EQ, only Export trans and Hi Output. I have to say though, that with all the push/pull tone options I have never missed having GEQ.

This still available? I am interested. I would just need to do some digging into a few things on your particular model. Could you please send some pics via PM if so.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I have a buyer. I have my amp tech checking it out and if everything is good it looks like a go for the sale. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Latest posts

Back