• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Emtpy Head for Mark 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarface73

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a 90's re-issue Mark 1 that I want to convert to a head. Looking for an used one or any advice on folks that build them.

thanks!

Mesa can make one for you. Sour Mash Cabs can make one for you. It's only a medium skill leve woodworking project, and any decent woodworker
who has a router and a dovetail fixture can knock one out for you pretty quickly. (Dovetails for a hardwood cabinet, I recommend finger jointed for a ply cabinet.)

There are some Mesa groups on Fakebook and there are people who hang out there who make their own cabinets and will sometimes make them for other people.

I've made them myself but am not looking to pick up any work at this time. I have too many projects already breathing down my neck.

You can contact Mesa Hollywood for the order. I just received a Mark III and IV replacement head shells from them.

scarface73 said:
Greetings,

I have a 90's re-issue Mark 1 that I want to convert to a head. Looking for an used one or any advice on folks that build them.

thanks!

Are the mounting holes spaced the same on the re-issues as the Mark series from the Late IIB's and after - or the same as the original MkI.
If the same as the original make sure whoever makes it knows or it won't work for you MKI re-issue chassis.

Back