• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Altec 417-8C and Weber Alnico Michigan 12" Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'59fatburst

Reaction score
This is an Altec Lansing 417-8C 12" Alnico speaker from 1969. It's rated at 75 watts and 8 ohms with a 3" voice coil. It's in very good overall condition and is pretty clean for the age. There are some small chips and scratches around the frame but nothing major. I believe this has been reconed, it's stamped RW5538. The frame is stamped 391949 which should be the 49th week of 1969. This was in my Boogie Mark II for a while and sounds awesome! It has a similar tonality to a JBL K-120 but is a little smoother and warmer while still being very sensitive. These are getting tough to come by!
$215 shipped and PP.

https://reverb.com/item/33852078-altec-lansing-417-8c-12-speaker-1969-white-gray

I have way too many speakers and have decided to part ways with some of them. This is a Weber 12" Alnico Michigan speaker. From what I understand, these are discontinued by Weber. This is Weber's take on an EVM SRO alnico speaker. The speaker is 8 ohms. I'm not too sure of the wattage but, I believe it's rated at 100 watts. It has a silver basket with a blue magnet bell cover. There's a some solder on the harness mounting tabs, the harness tab seems to move easily (not hard mounted) and there's small dent on the bell cover otherwise, it's a clean unit that functions wells. Having owned several vintage EV SRO alnico speakers, this Weber has a similar tonality. It's warm, smooth and clear sounding. Very thick. Where it differs from an SRO is that it's not as loud nor as efficient. That could be a positive or a negative depending on your needs.
$125 shipped and PP.

https://reverb.com/item/33739627-weber-speakers-michigan-12-alnico-speaker-ev-sro-replacement-2010-s-blue-silver

Latest posts

Back