• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark III - blue stripe combos, special order purple, + cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric mayhem

Reaction score
I have 3 Mark III's for sale. 2 blue stripe combos and a special order for Eddie Money purple "Mark" head

1) Blue stripe in good shape - I sold this on sleaze bay. It was my first sale there and after learning I couldn't buy insurance for UPS delivery I cancelled the transaction (sleaze bay did not have the flex to change carriers after the sale). It's boxed up ready to ship. I accepted the lowest offer I will take - $950 + $100 shipping. If you want it for that amount it's yours. Here is a cl link to it:
https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/denver-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-blue-stripe/6792422902.html

2) Second blue stripe combo I haven't listed yet. Someone used blue silicone to "fix" the slats on back that the back panel attaches to. I cleaned it up to use wood glue to fix the fix. I will make a cl listing for pics later this week. My bottom line price on this one (regardless of what I list it at) will be $850 + $100 shipping.

3) Eddie Money special order "Mark" that appears to be a purple stripe with Randall's initials on the back. Listed at $2100 but I'll listen to reasonable offers.
https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/denver-mesa-mark-iii-purple-for-eddie/6778548630.html

4) Mesa 19" cab with Celestion Blue 15W 8 ohm driver - $420 + shipping
https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/denver-mesa-boogie-1x12-celstion-blue/6761240165.html

5) Metal grill halfback with MC-90 top and VS-12 bottom - $450 local preferred
https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/denver-mesa-boogie-80s-halfback-2x12/6792424526.html

6) Mesa 19" cab that someone sealed the back, ported the front, EVM 12L - $250 + shipping
Not listed on cl yet

7) Pair of MC-90 drivers pulled from a 4CB cab in great shape - $140 + $35 shipping.

For anyone local I'd consider trades for another OS recto cab on any of this gear, or a new Blacktop HH jazzmaster (with race stripe) that I also have listed on cl.

I also have a Studio 22+ (non GEQ) combo, DC5 head, Maverick head (cream tolex), and TA-15 head with footswitch and bag that I will be listing in coming weeks.

"6) Mesa 19" cab that someone sealed the back, ported the front, EVM 12L - $250 + shipping
Not listed on cl yet"

Sounds interesting. Can you post a pic of how the front is ported? Or describe it?

I'm asking because I've built a few cabs you might mistake for Mesa 1x12 cabs except that I do a front port job on them,
I do NOT care for sealed back or rear ported enclosures. The ports belong in the front and I have a distinctive style of doing it.

I'm just wondering if it might not be a cabinet I made years ago.

That is interesting and you made me get out my measuring tape. This cab is exact measurements to a 19" open back mesa I have (newer tuarus dressing tho). So if it's yours I can tell where you got your template and you did a great job. The front port always struck me as professional with the baffle painted black as mesa would but a round port in the lower right, nicely done pre-paint or baffle removed and done right. Someone sealed a top piece on back and put a pro-line 12l in it. Both the pro-line and a redback are waiting for me to get thiele's to put them in. I have another 12L I was going to sell with this cab. I don't know what the cab is tuned to for resonant freq so figured you can't go wrong with a 12L (for blowing a driver not suited for the low end) but I may list this unloaded. I need to take some pics of a TA-30 head I'm listing today on ebay so I'll get some of this cab too. It's black bronco with metal corners like the 80's cabs and minus a boogie logo is constructed like mesa.

What is the reasoning for the front port with an open back and what drivers did you pair with it?

To update this listing I have the Maverick cream short head, Mark III blue stripe DGR combo and "Mark" special order long head for Eddie Money which I'm going to say is a Mark III purple stripe all listed on ebay. The TA-30 and maybe an F-100 will be coming later today.

If I have time I'll also list this sealed cab, probably unloaded to hang on to my 12L's along with this same stock 19" unloaded open back mesa cab (#4 above but unloaded). I'll also be listing a TA 19" 1x12 loaded.

I'm going to use the 2 MC90's listed above, one going into the TA cab for sale so scratch those from the list. The blue sounds great in the open back cabs and I still have the driver if anyone wants it.

I also have some brand new celestion H75 creambacks (4) and a pair of golds, all 16 ohm if anyone is interested. Alternatively I have a Lonestar 2x12 Emerald tolex cab I just loaded a pair of these gold's into, drivers not broken in.

For trades I'm still looking for an OS 4x12 thinking that might be a good cab for the alnico creams and a 4CB partial open back 4x12 to try a halfstack of MS-12's. A couple more thiele cabs would be great too.

That's not my cabinet, then.

What I do is I make my cabinets with four triangular ports in the front baffle, in each corner. My cabinet has a square face (same exact width as a Mark I/II/III short chassis head) with the same height and width. Its depth is the same as a Mesa Thiele cabinet, 14 inches or so, and I arrived at that figure when doing the box math to make an "ideal" Thiele parameter enclosure. (Either the slot port or my four corner port solution has the same results.)

I match the Mesa cosmetics, tolex, corners, grille type, even the screw sizes and spacing. It's made to cosmetically match a short head Mark amp.

Basically I built the mini recto 1x12 more than a decade before Mesa did. I made my first ones in 1987. But I've always done the front facing ports.

I have always gone with a sealed back setup. I just don't care much for the open back sound unless it's a clean Fender amp.

Once I made one of my 1x12s in an angle front design. Sitting on top of one of my bottoms with a Mark II head on top, it sounds and looks absolutely killer. An economy sized full stack.

I'd kind of like to track that particular cabinet down and buy it back. I was forced to sell it along with my Mark IIA (serial number 3114 or 3116) around 1997. I'm looking for that, too. HRG head.

Latest posts

Back