• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker Head .... SOLD!! Please delete.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
Up for grabs is a minty Mesa Heartbreaker head. They are not that easy to come across any more, particularly in NOS condition. I am the second owner since 2005 and this amp to my knowledge hasn't ever been gigged or beat on. No tears, no flaws and still delivers the goods.

So, what is a Heartbreaker?

Created as a 25th Anniversary Tribute to the original Boogie Mark I, the Heartbreaker is a two channel / five mode, footswitchable Rock-n-Roll amp... Essentially two Mark I's in one chassis. The two channels are Love and Lust: Love embodies all the classic American black-face magic of yesteryear and can be switched between two distinct gain settings ranging from clean, and up through medium gain blues - all the way singing voice of the fabled Mark I's lead channel... the world's first high gain performance.

The Lust channel blends harmonically lush sounds across two diverse modes. From a 4x10 Tweed Bassman to a British Plexi... Lust walks the fine line between clean and dirty. Both channels have selectable voicing options as well as individual Reverb and Presence controls.
The entire personality of the HeartBreaker can be further altered with the Bold/Curvaceous switch. Bold delivers masculine authority and maximum headroom, while Curvaceous softens the feel and produces tones of the rounder.

The Heartbreaker's four 6L6s are supplied high-voltage from a dynamic tube rectifier or can be switched to the silicon-diodes for added punch and headroom. The on-board Bias Selector allows substitution of either EL34 or 6V6 output tubes. Each selection has its own distinctive feel.
For further power compression, use the Tweed switch which acts like a built-in Variac. A half power (60/100 watt) switch allows for even more variations.
One awesome amp!!!

Features:
• 100 Watts, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6 Power, 7x12AX7 Pre-Amp, 1x5AR4 Recto
• Bias Select Switch (6L6/6V6 or EL-34)
• Half Power Switch (100/60 Watt Power Switch)
• 2 Channels (1=Love 2=Lust), 4 Modes: Channel 1 =Mk I Clean (Lo), Mk I Medium Gain, Mk I High Gain, Channel 2 = Tweed Clean (Lo) & British Gain (Hi)
• Independent Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, and Master Controls per Channel (Front Panel) and Independent Presence, Reverb (Back Panel)
• Fat/Trim Switches (Channel 1 & 2, High Gain Modes)
• Bright/Warm Switch (Channel 2, High or Low Gain Modes)
• Accutronics Long Spring Reverb
• Global Output Level Control (over all channels)
• Global Bold/Curvacious Switch (Power Voicings=Modern/ Normal)
• Rectifier Select Switch (5AR4 Tube/ Silicon Diodes)
• Full Power/Tweed "Variac" Switch
• FX Loop
• Slave Out w/Level Control
• 1 Button Footswitch (Channel Select)

This MESA/Boogie HeartBreaker Guitar Amp Head was Designed and Handbuilt in Petaluma, California by Randall Smith and his team.

I have a PDF of the original owners manual (also available from Mesa Boogie).

Here is a youtube (not mine, but just for reference) for some Heartbreaker tones. It has beautiful cleans and awesome classic rock to grunge overdrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pseZeBa7-A

These were originally $2695 (correct me if I'm wrong). This one is for sale for $925 plus actual shipping. Channel foot switch is included.

Finally some pictures!

Contact Joe at [email protected] for more info, and thanks for looking.

9K37YTq.jpg

Y41hreZ.jpg

qePh564.jpg

rWldcJb.jpg

FxLoc37.jpg

7MaZ0dc.jpg

tdcy1fK.jpg

XnBQi0h.jpg

oFm3Vzn.jpg

This amp has been sold!

Thanks all for your consideration. Mods, please delete this post when you get a chance, thanks!

Back