• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for express 5:25 non-plus head (seller's remorse ..)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel

Reaction score
I loved my two boogie express 5:25 combos (one is 10", the other 12", both Celestion Gold speakers). Then I had the brilliant ideal (-not) that I needed the solo function of the 5:25+ and so I switched both chassis from non-plus for plus.

I wished I had not done that! The non-plus sounded much better to my ear. Smoother sound, more balls, more volume. I played both next to each other before selling the non-plus and had second thoughts. But in the end I thought I can learn to dial the Plus in so that it gets close to the non-Plus. Well, at this point in time I am giving up and am looking at reversing the chassis swap.

So, if anybody is interested selling a Boogie Express 5:25 head (non plus), please let me know. Have not seen any on ebay or reverb.com lately. Would prefer later model, i.e., the one with the black tube protection cage.

Thanks

-- Axel

Latest posts

Back