The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No longer for sale
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I'm selling this awesome MKIIC to pay some bills. I considered sending this in to Mesa for the + mod but love the amp the way it is. I had a great IIC+ a while back and loved it, but it had more gain that I'd ever use and although this one has less gain, it's still more than I need. This amp has a terrific clean channel, great effects loop and the gain channel is flat out awesome! I hate to sell but have to put something up and I don't really need an amp this loud anymore. $1500 shipped

I also have a 1x12 Mesa cab that I'd consider selling but only if the head sells first or with the cab. It's a MKIII era, I think, and has the original 8 ohm Black Shadow speaker. $275 shipped.

I can't do trades, unfortunately. If I didn't need the money, I'd never put this one up for sale.
http://imgur.com/a/Ch2KP

Last edited by beng2040 on Sat May 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm 
Donating Member

Great amp, great price! I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, it's been listed for hours now.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 pm 
Donating Member

I'm interested - sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:59 am 
Donating Member

Gone?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 am 
Donating Member

Was this a fake deal or what? C'mon, $1,500.00 Mark IIC amps are getting rarer and rarer and could become the holy grail of Boogies from a collector's standpoint IMO!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:03 am 
Donating Member

I've purchased from beng2040 before, he's legit. I think the price is right on point too. The 60W C+ heads have sold here from $2000 - $2200 mostly. A IIC would need $400 or so for the +, shipping both ways, tune up, etc...which means priced at $1500 is about right IMO.

I inquired as well and never heard back, so I assume he's busy or decided not to sell.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 pm 
Mark III

Please sell this to dlpasco. :)

I recently bought a very clean IIC HRG combo for $1800, and had Mike turn it into a + for me for $400. $1500 is a good price.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:56 am 
Bottle Rocket

Hey guys, sorry I've gone MIA. I recently started a new job with crazy hours. No excuse but I've been exhausted and haven't been online at all.

I decided to keep this amp for now. In fact, I sent it to Mesa for the + upgrade a week ago. I'm sorry for not letting you all know sooner. I am a legit buyer and seller and hope I didn't scare anyone off from doing business with me in the future. I may decide to sell this amp in the future, though it will be more expensive since I'm sinking another $500-$700 into it for the upgrade.

Thanks all.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am 
Mark III

I'll be curious your thoughts on the + upgrade vs. the standard C. I have some thoughts of my own.

Also, if you're a metal guy, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND having Mike make it a ++.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:11 am 
Bottle Rocket

GJgo wrote:
I'll be curious your thoughts on the + upgrade vs. the standard C. I have some thoughts of my own.

Also, if you're a metal guy, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND having Mike make it a ++.

I had a killer C+ last year. It was completely loaded with RCS initials on back. Holy grail for sure. I loved it so much and then had to sell and it killed me. It was the best amp I've ever played. The gain was awesome but I only ever dialed it up about halfway as I'm not a metal guy. But that amp could do it all. Cleans were stellar too.

The C is close, but not quite there. There's something about the feel of the + amps that others lack. Very elastic feel or something I can't quite put into words. Since this one is a 60 watt and my other was simulclass, I'm not sure the direct comparison will be fair, but when I get this one back, I'll know if it has the feel that the other one had.