• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Boogie Mark III ,bubinga and cane.Purple stripe....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wiz

Reaction score
Location is San Luis Obispo, Ca......
The price for the Amp & Bitchin road case is $1200...
New tubes, and pristine shape.
I would RATHER not ship it, if we are talking LA or SF, we could make arrangements....
I bought a similiar Boogie , and it was "delivered" by Fed Ex.....IT musta fallen 10 feet off the loading dock, because it was "split" when it got here. Um....It sounded great, BUT I couldn't accept it, like that. It took 8 months to get a settlement, BUT I got all the $ back.
It's really gorgeous...It's the weekend, and got gigs...If there is interest, I'll post pix...

Super sweet used Mesa Boogie Mark III purple stripe simul-class tube bubinga and cane combo and flight cases. The amp is in perfect condition and was recently serviced and biased.
Modded so can adjust the Volume between Crunch Riddem and clean.
Specs:
Simul-Class
60/100 Watt
Reverb
Graphic EQ
Tri-Modal
Footswitchable Rhytm/Lead
Footswitchable Rhytm
Footswitchable Reverb/EQ.
Slave Out
Effects Loop
Mesa Boogie EV Black Shadow 200 Watt Speaker

Description
The Mark III was launched by Mesa/Boogie in 1985. It introduced a third channel, a crunch rhythm sound right in between the rhythm and lead channels. This amp has a dual footswitch system: one footswitch alternates between the current rhythm mode and the lead mode, and the other selects either the clean rhythm mode or the crunch rhythm mode. The two rhythm modes share all of their controls, while the lead mode only shares the rhythm modes tone stack, featuring independent gain and master volume controls. Mark III amps come in series, with each new series come new improvements ; series are called »stripes« and the five stripes were as follows:

Stipe:
(in order)

None or Black Stripe: (No mark or a little dot. Only a few hundred then some balck marks or +s .) Lean and powerful amp with more output power than a IIC+

Purple Stripe: Reshaping reshaping of R2 -- shaped to be more »rounded« and less gain, with improved level

Red Stripe: R2 is like current Mark III -- further developed and very hot. Lead mode is also tweaked to close in on the IIC+ sound

Blue Stripe: Reshaping of R1 -- more aggressive preamp gain -- reshaping of R1, Power section made akin to IIC+

Green Stripe: Cleaner R1, Lead channel reshaping, and unlike pother Simul amps, these Mark IIIs were wired in Pentode -- NOT triode in the Class A sockets for more power. Power section is same as Blue otherwise.

Didn't know how to add pics, so I posted on craiglist and did it there..

http://slo.craigslist.org/msg/6071256733.html

Back