• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Mesa Mark Rackmount for Mesa Headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin801

Reaction score
Testing the waters... :p

Really don't want to pay Mesa $350... :|

I have:
:: Mesa rackmount kit. Currently houses my Mark III, but will fit any Mark series short head through the Mark IV. Includes OEM reverb tank, does not include fan.
:: SKB 4 space rack. The flagship SKB line, full depth, not the cheaper RotoRack or shallower FX rack. Modded with oversized rubber feet to sit perfectly atop a guitar cab, so that it doesn't slip and your cab doesn't get scratched. Nice.

The rackmount kit has the expected rash here and there, but primarily on the side, top, and rack ears; the front plate is great. Installed, it looks muy clean. The SKB has the scratches you'd expect, but they are minor. (See the link for close-up pics.) Structurally it's perfect, and the latches all work perfectly.

I want:
:: A head shell for my Mark III. OEM or aftermarket, doesn't matter as long as it fits. I'm open to tolex vs. wood finishes. Slip cover or road case a plus, obviously, but not necessary. I'm willing to go plus or minus cash based on what each of us has. I'd also be open to selling for enough cash to go buy my own; I consider my stuff to be worth roughly $200-220. That would be enough to either find something used (though I've been looking fruitlessly for a while), or get a new one from Rawcabs ($145 to my door, but has zero hardware, tolex, or finish) and do it up myself.

Back