• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark MK III lll 3 Head Simul-Class EQ Rev Export Trans ATA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiogroove4

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Mark III lll 3 Long Chassis Tube Head

Rare Purple Stripe model

Rare Export Transformer Variable 100-240 volts

I am the original owner

Ordered 1986, delivered 1987

Extremely good condition

Never abused

Always kept in case

Cream tolex

Simul-Class 15 or 75 Watt

Mesa STR 415 6L6GC tubes in inner sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Mesa STR 416 6CA7 / EL34 tubes in outer sockets (Mesa branded USA made Sylvania) These amps were built around these tubes.

Both the STR415 & STR416 are 10,000 hour lifetime tubes and have not had anywhere near that amount of use since being installed.

Graphic EQ

Reverb

Premium quality USA made A&S A.T.A. flight case purchased with amp, not the cheaply made cases sold on ebay.

Will ship internationally

Contact me for more information

$1,250 plus shipping

Front.jpg

Back2.jpg

BackDetail.jpg

Top.jpg

Side.jpg

ATAFR.jpg

Why doesn't the switch on the front panel say class a/simul class. Half power is what the 60/100 watt amps said.?

I see the simul class stick on the back.

Purple stripe is meant to be low gain version of the original could you comment on what this sounds like and how much gain you can get out of it ... I wonder why they went that route and straight after went mass gain on the next red stripe version?

ASG said:
Why doesn't the switch on the front panel say class a/simul class. Half power is what the 60/100 watt amps said.?

I see the simul class stick on the back.

Purple stripe is meant to be low gain version of the original could you comment on what this sounds like and how much gain you can get out of it ... I wonder why they went that route and straight after went mass gain on the next red stripe version?

All the long chassis heads say full/1/2 power on the front regardless if they were Simul-Class or not.

Obviously how something sounds is subjective but it is not low gain by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe in comparison to a red stripe there may be less gain (I don't know as I have not compared the two), but I can tell you that my purple stripe is VERY high gain.
And I am very familiar with high gain amps as I own a modified Marshall and a Bogner Ecstasy 100b.

When I was using the purple stripe I never needed to use any kind of boost pedals to get the sound I was after.

Back