• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Mesa 12AX7 Russian 2 black label tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniecrump

Reaction score
I am looking for new/minimal usage Mesa 12AX7 Russian 2 black label tubes.

I have found this tube is awesome for my Mark IVa.

Thanks,
Donnie

The Mesa 12AX7A R2 is a re-labelled Electro Harmonix 12AX7....with the label color (black or white) being just purely cosmetic....

I actually have all 3.

The white label has more of a grey plate and the black has more metallic black pearl look.

The EH tube has a different getter.

The EH can be used as a replacement but the Mesa tubes have undergone more testing for harmonics, balance, and consistency. Plus, to my ears, they have a little more bottom end and are a little more compressed than the EH.

There is a guy on ebay who has 4 but he wants $90 for all four.

Anywho ... still looking.
Donnie

I have one, it looks good, I don't know how much use it has left, I don't use them. I have 3 white labels too.

The white labels will work also. How much a piece or all together? PM me or post here.

I've got a slew of mesa 12ax7 s. pardon my ignorance, but how do I tell if any of them are hat you are looking for?

babow2 said:
I've got a slew of mesa 12ax7 s. pardon my ignorance, but how do I tell if any of them are hat you are looking for?

They'll have "russian #2" written along with the mesa 12ax7 logo. They were first black logo then later went to white.

I don't use my old Russian 2's these days. I'll dig through my box of tubes later this week and see what I have. If I have any left, they are all yours, free of charge.

Latest posts

Back