• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade your Mark IV for my Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_jawhn

Reaction score
Hello good people,

I've had a Rectoverb 50 II 1x12 combo for a few years now, and later got a Traditional 4x12 to use with it. I love the amp to death, and in many ways I've gotten my "perfect" sound on the distortion channel. However, since I've had it for so long, I've been thinking about trying something new and have always loved the sound of the Mark amps. A 3 channel situation, footswitchable fx loop, and the particular clean and lead sounds of the Mark IV are all really appealing to me at this time. So I was just wondering, would anyone be interested in a straight up trade, their Mark IV head (long or short, doesn't matter) for my Rectoverb 50? It's in great condition other than a small blemish above the controls on the right side. I honestly prefer the sound of the combo to hooking it up to the cab. It sounds a lot punchier, and the clean really improves because of the C90 speaker and partially open back. I've always loved Rectos for that roar they get at slightly higher volumes. This amp just has a certain mojo to it I suppose. Anyways, I've seen Mark IV heads go for about $1000/1100 and the Rectoverb around $1150/1250, so that's a fair and comparable value. I also don't care much about some wear. So if interested, please let me know! Also includes the slip cover and everything that came with it when it was purchased new in 2008. Only thing is I did the FX loop mod to make it Series rather than Parallel, but I can easily undo this if you would like (just a matter of switching the place of one wire).

EDIT: So I just realized I needed to have ten posts before starting a thread here, but I have actually lurked for quite some time checking out rigs and reading people's advice and experience with the amps-it's part of how I know so much about them in the first place. But if I need to take this down, I completely understand.

Back