• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Quilted Maple Mesa LoneStar 2 x 12 Classic Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjeff

Reaction score
Quilted Maple Mesa LoneStar 2 x 12 Classic Combo

I am reluctantly listing this truly great, great amp.

Not only does this amp have all the normal trimmings that make Mesa's LoneStar an instant classic. It also has several distinct upgrades that make it stand out from the typical LoneStar.

I just had it checked out at a local Mesa-authorized service center and it has a clean bill of health. The amp is still under warranty (less than a month left now).

Tube upgrade – The all-important V1 preamp tube slot contains a Telefunken 12ax7 smooth plate tube.

Speaker upgrade – Weber Alnico Silver Bell speakers 40oz AlNiCo magnet, 1-3/4" voice coil, ribbed cone. Classic AlNiCo big low end, compressed high volume rock and roll tone. Weber sells these for $210 each and these are not yet completely broken in. The Silver Bells are huge sounding warm, smooth speakers.

Speaker cable upgrade – Evidence Audio Siren speaker cable

Footswitch, casters, documentation, hang tags, manuals and all of that are included.

I am listing as a local sale (Central VA). I am very reluctant to ship it. I've shipped Lonestars before so it's not beyond me to do it. I just don't want to go through all of that.

$1750

IMG_0410_zps40rky1nz.jpg

Amp%20Valance%20Pedal%20Board%20Face%202_zpsrahhppd9.jpg

IMG_0407_zpsx3ix4ktc.jpg

IMG_0405_zpsuaw1cpji.jpg

Silver%20Bells_zpsqtlpzic8.jpg

IMG_0412_zps0pswraie.jpg

IMG_0413_zpspuxj0sc6.jpg

I also have the original grill/valance. If you have a Lonestar 2x12 and want to switch it up.

$115

IMG_0402_zpshb0adobp.jpg

IMG_0403_zpsc4wvrkwr.jpg

The silver grill is very clean (even though it doesn't look it). I've had that happen before with the silver grill cloth. It is shadows or something.

Back