• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Triaxis and 50/50 rig for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old BF Shred

Reaction score
For sale...
Guys, sadly, it is time to part with my Triaxis and 50/50 rig.
I could use the cash and with owning other amps, I just no longer have need for it.
I would like to offer this as a package for Boogie Board members.

Comes with 4 space SKB case and BBE 362 sonic maximizer. BTW, I also have a 6 space SKB case I can possibly sub if you need more room (same price) but it will likely be more costly to ship as, obviously, it is larger and a bit heavier.

Descriptions:

Triaxis is v2 NON Phat mod with TX4 Recto board. SN: T157x (early 90’s).
According to my research, and comments from board members, this seems to be the most desirable configuration.

There is a slight ‘ding’ on master vol display cover film. So slight you can not see in pics. Also, to be totally honest, the third number of the ‘Program/channel’ display has an intermittent segment (middle one) that goes out from time to time. It is still no real problem telling which number it is.
There is the normal “rack rash” and dings that go with the territory, but other than that, it is in good condition.

I added a mod: in photo of back of unit, under input jack, note that there is a jack for a momentary footswitch that allows you to change “Preset” (not “Program/Channel”) without need for a midi controller. This way you can scroll through the presets without needing a midi compatible floorboard or FX processor. I have a simple plastic foot pedal and cable with stereo (TSR) plugs for this that I will include free of charge. You can use almost any pedal with 2 momentary push buttons, with a stereo (TSR) cable if you prefer. Of course midi control still works as intended.
No significant repairs on this unit except I did replace all the audio chain ribbon cables (known issue with early models). No problems since.
Tubes are a variety of makes from Mesa to generic. Nothing special, no NOS tubes, etc. But they sound great in here.

50/50 SN: FF194x
A wonderful amp that has been 100% reliable. I did an adjustable bias mod to allow use of EL34’s. Screen resistors changed to 1k (per advice of John Marshall at Mesa), that works with either EL34 or 6L6. I added a switch near base of power tubes (see photo) that allows going back to stock bias setting for use of 6L6’s. I have set the adjustable part to use EL34’s that fall within Mesa spec tubes so Mesa tubes (or groove tube no. 5, etc...) will work fine. It comes with Sovtek 6L6’s that work great in this amp. Also I feel the 6L6’s are a better match for the triaxis, in my own opinion, of course.
Also I have added switches that allow you to “turn off” (lifts cathodes from ground) either A or B channel independently. Mesa manual states you can just turn down volume for unused channel, in case of using only one speaker/mono cab, but this way there is no idle current through unused channel which can only extend tube life. Channel B switch is on back panel, ch A switch is located above 1st tube on inside side panel of tube bay. Sorry, no room to put both switches on back panel. Of course, per Mesa, using these is purely an option, not necessary.
The only other mod is a Mesa-approved change to the B channel input stage that is supposed to match up the amp better for the Triaxis (a little darker sounding). I only did this to channel B so ch A is still stock. What this does is allow 2 different voicings for the 2 channels when used together (or for different tones when using only one ch). This makes it almost sound like you are using 2 different power amps, a layering effect that makes the amp sound unique. This is the coolest part, but again, IMHO, only. But I loved the results!
Like the Triaxis, in good condition except normal rack rash.

A word about mods...I have been an electronic and computer tech for over 30 years and any mods/repairs I did were done carefully, methodically and have worked 100% flawlessly. I am no “hacker”. I did mods/repairs as though I would keep this forever (as I only wish I could).

The BBE 362 is stock and adds a clarity and ‘thump’ to this rig that really makes it shine.
I will include audio cables for hookup internally within the rack case.

I prefer to sell locally in the San Diego area. (Really prefer not to ship) If I end up shipping it, I will add shipping fees and packing material cost and the approx 3% Pay Pal fee. (For my own security, PayPal is what I will accept, only).

Price: $1000 (pretty darn firm).
If it does not sell here, I will craigslist or ebay it with a higher asking price.

All in all, a monster rig that is ready to go...just add speakers!
I wish I could justify keeping it!
Please feel free to PM me with questions.
Thanks for your interest!

Edit: OK, now I got the pics working! :wink:

DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

No problem man!
I just wish I had the money to buy this. It's almost like buying a Triaxis and getting the rest for free at that price.

Back