• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alternatives to PayPal?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Block

Reaction score
Recently sold an amp here on the board to have PayPal completly jack the transaction up and leave me irate and extremely aggravated.

Does anyone know of any safe and secure alternatives to PayPal? I have a buyer waiting for an amp and any advise would be much appriecated!

Thanks!!

Big Block said:
Recently sold an amp here on the board to have PayPal completly jack the transaction up and leave me irate and extremely aggravated.

Does anyone know of any safe and secure alternatives to PayPal? I have a buyer waiting for an amp and any advise would be much appriecated!

Thanks!!
A quick google search for "paypal alternatives" gives a half dozen or so online payment alternatives.

I've never heard of any of them and IMHO would most likely shy away from a large $$ transaction using an "unknown service" YMMV.

Dom

elvis said:
I'm always surprised when people have problems with PP. I've used it many times with no trouble.

Sorry you've had problems.

I agree. I have sent and received thousands of dollars with PayPal over the years.

They really have no parallel as far as protection for involved parties, either. Just don't be a sucker and use gift, on either end.

Make no mistake. Paypal sucks. I have also sent and received tens of thousands of dollars through paypal, and they suck. But they are the industry standard and eBay requires you use them.

If you're weary of Paypal, A US Postal Money Order is the way to go. You could also consider BitCoin. But of course the other party would need to accept or send BitCoin as well.

phyrexia said:
Make no mistake. Paypal sucks. I have also sent and received tens of thousands of dollars through paypal, and they suck. But they are the industry standard and eBay requires you use them.

If you're weary of Paypal, A US Postal Money Order is the way to go. You could also consider BitCoin. But of course the other party would need to accept or send BitCoin as well.

eBay does try to force a person into it, at least somewhat. There are ways to avoid it with the method payment for an item.

Latest posts

Back