• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Get it while you can!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I take a pound of whatever this person is smoking, and I gave up the cigarettes 12 years ago. :lol: I understand the collecters item issue, but the limited edition Mark III's aren't bringing NEAR this much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-V-Limited-40th-Anniv-Amp-112-Combo-/320583337530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa441863a

I mean, just like the Mark III Limited edition, these are the standard amp with a custom cabinet and serial

These 40th V's also have 2 killer MOP/Abolone inlays with the 40th logo and such- there is still one I have access to- uninflated of course- if anyone is interested, PM me- I can get pics and stuff. The 4oth model does sound better than the standard 112 combo. its a little early to try to get 7K for one though...

Laskyman said:
I mean, just like the Mark III Limited edition, these are the standard amp with a custom cabinet and serial

These 40th V's also have 2 killer MOP/Abolone inlays with the 40th logo and such- there is still one I have access to- uninflated of course- if anyone is interested, PM me- I can get pics and stuff. The 4oth model does sound better than the standard 112 combo. its a little early to try to get 7K for one though...

I'll bite. "How does it sound better?"

I think it has to do with the resonance of the wood in the cab- sounds "deeper" and "bigger". I A/B both standard 112 and the 40th several times, and FWIW, the 40th sounds better out of the box....if you have an opportunity to hear both together, I think you'd agree

????7,000????? Any custom cab maker can make you any cab you want for 500.00 to 1000.00 It may not have the inlays but I'm sure it will sound as good....there's a sucker born every min.....

No F****ing way this thing is worth $3K more than it's original value. In fact, I'd bet that in this economy he'd be hard press'd to even get $500 less than original retail.

I think it's the abalone inlay that gave it much better sounds not the wooden cabinet. :lol:

On a side note, if the bid is legit, this could be a new record high for a USA sale. What was the comment about the market value of the C+ going down after the Mark V release? In a recession economy? It's all about the options on the C+, for sure. :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280553479430

:shock: :shock: :shock: Guys! Well the Limited Mark V in Walnut on Ebay for $6999 just SOLD!!!!!! Yeah i was looking at the completed listings and actually someone bought the Mark V. Maybe also a shill bidder to raise the prices for these babys. Or someone who really fell in love with this one. Is this the highest going Mesa on Ebay???

SpongeRob said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Guys! Well the Limited Mark V in Walnut on Ebay for $6999 just SOLD!!!!!! Yeah i was looking at the completed listings and actually someone bought the Mark V. Maybe also a shill bidder to raise the prices for these babys. Or someone who really fell in love with this one. Is this the highest going Mesa on Ebay???

What is the saying about a fool and his money? If the sale is even authentic, who knows?

What is the saying about a fool and his money? If the sale is even authentic, who knows?

Actually i can't believe this. So that's why i was thinking about a joke or something. Otherwise i can't explain this sale. It's still a Mark V. Maybe a limited run, but a Mark V. If it's real, which i can't imagine, the seller is one lucky man :D. I will just wait for all those imitators getting the same prices for their limited Mark V on the bay. :wink:

JOEY B. said:
SpongeRob said:

If I had a ton of money, i'd have one. But i'd have gotten it back when they were still available from Mesa. Let's face it.. it's only 7k. Whoop de doo.

Back