• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling My Mk. III - Blue Stripe - Modded

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsna

Reaction score
So. I can't believe that I'm doing this. But this economy has driven me into something of a pickle. So - here goes. My beloved. My baby. My favorite of every amp I've ever owned.

My Mk. III Blue Stripe head.
$1300 + shipping.
You'll understand why momentarily

Here are the details.
- Mesa/Boogie Mk. III
- Blue Stripe
- Fully loaded
- Simul Class / Class A
- Reverb removed. Amp does not include reverb pan.
- Rack Mount Kit (no fan, no logo, beat up, but it gets the job done)
- Custom headshell made by no other than GTS. Never even taken out of my house. Perfect condition.
- Vintage 'Boogie' logo
- Wicker Grille
- Reverb Cutout
- New style 'rhino hide' black tolex. Super heavy and durable.
- All hardware included.
- Modified and serviced by our very own Monsta-Tone
- Recapped with Mesa caps
- New power cord
- R2 mod (line out fixed at about 80%)
- Bias pot installed (allows bias adjustments to be made to inner pair of tubes)
- 'Cam Mod'
- Cuts out a grip of negative feedback. Basically makes the amp sparkle in R1 and attack in R2 and Lead. Footswitchable, but I never turn it off.
- Amazing tube complement
- Preamp Tubes
- V1 - NOS Telefunken ECC83. Tests better than new. ($100+)
- V2 - NOS Mullard Short-plate ECC83. Tests better than new. ($100+)
- V3 - 9th gen. Chinese. Penta Labs Select.
- V4 - Empty. Was for reverb.
- V5 - PI - Sovtek 12AX7LPS
- Power Tubes
- 2 x SED (=C=) 6L6GC (inner pair)
- 2 x JJ KT77 (outer pair)
- Original R1 / R2 Footswitch. Beat up, but hey, it's original :)

I'm the amp's second owner. The first owner bought it brand new, gigged with it for about a year and put it in a closet - where it sat until I bought it about 2 years ago. It's been played out a couple of times - maybe 5. But it's lived in my rack and smoke-free home and been absolutely babied. I HATE to let it go. And I know that it sounds cliché, but my loss is your gain. It's an incredible amp. Far and away the best sounding Mk. III that I've ever heard. Feel free to ask Monsta-Tone how he feels about it ;). His work is immaculate, by the way.

This amp is a freaking gem with a perfect bill of health, NOS treasures in V1 and V2, a beautiful headshell, a banged up rack kit and killer custom mods. Oh yeah, a brand new fan from Mesa as well. Never used.

PM me.
E-mail me - [email protected]

I gotta get this thing sold. Thanks for reading all this! :)

Cam is a great guy! He does what he says he will!

That does suck! I guess the upside is that you can always get another one later.
This is a really great amp, here's the list of what I did:
Replace filter caps
Replace all LDR's
Replace FX Loop wiring (was modded by the previous owner)
Clean all pots, jacks, sliders
Clean and re-tension all tube sockets (I may have replaced a couple too, can't remember)
R2 Master Volume mod (placed in the Slave Out pot's hole, Slave Out set to around 80% or so)
Footswitchable Negative Feedback mod (Basically removes the NFB from the Phase Inverter circuit and makes the amp sing)
Bias Pot

I know you had me do a few other things to it, but I can't remember off hand.

I've had to sell a few amps that I just didn't think I would ever part with too lately. I sold my DC-5 to a fellow board member from Singapore. He hasn't had me ship it yet, so it just sits in the music room, looking at me!

Thanks for the props too! :mrgreen:

Thanks fellas!

Yeah - it sucks to get rid of it. A lot. But whoever snags it up will get a great amp!

Somebody bite already! :)

Bump!

Gotta get this sold, fellas. Got bills to pay and an impending wedding. It's well worth the $$$ I'm asking.

MesaGod666 said:
You will regret selling it. Don't do it. Give plasma instead.

+1, I still regret selling my rectifier to pay bills.

You can just get eloped. :) That will save you lots of money!

Or you can always resort to man whorin' j/k

I've sold so many amps and guitars to pay the bills and the bills keep coming.
Right now, my old DC-5 is still sitting in my music room, waiting to be shipped out. Can't even look at it!

On the other hand, it did help me buy my Heartbreaker, which I got for a steal of a price.

Congrats on the wedding, but I'm hoping something will come up and you won't need to sell your amp!

Nah. As much as I love this amp - I can't regret selling it. It's totally replaceable. Getting out of debt before my wedding is way more important to me.

I can always get another one. Or - who knows - something else. :)

PS - Somebody buy this already!

Never did sell. Got out of debt. Got married. Had (the world's best) kids. Finished college and grad school. Still have that Mk. III. Still a total monster. Glad I never sold it.

Latest posts

Back