• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TRADE: "Blackface" Dual or Triple Recto Rev F & G for ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverwulf

Reaction score
So I'm starting to accumulate way too many Rectos again. I'll probably trade away one of these two:

1992 Mesa Triple Rectifier - Revision F "Blackface" (Serial in 1300's)
1994 Mesa Dual Rectifier - Revision G "Blackface" (With FACTORY serial loop, built in a "Pre-500" chassis)

Still haven't figured out the Rev G with a factory serial loop, not a lot of info on it, though I can safely say it's the only one I've ever seen (likely the only one that exists). Still no rhyme or reason for why it exists.

I have no clue what I'd want, just thought I'd toss this up to see what sort of trades everyone had. Obviously I'm not looking for another Recto. I've got 4 of them sitting beside me right now which is why I'm probably gonna trade one. Maybe a Triaxis/2:90 again would be cool, old Marks are always cool, no clue what I'd want. I'd consider non-Boogie gear too, though 90% of what I buy is Mesa. Thanks!

Elpelotero said:
Can you comment on the tonal variations you've found between the C, F, G?

I just sold a D, so I had them all simultaneously to compare (except for E). Yeah, I will when I get a few. I've described it all in more detail in my Recto User Guide I'm about half done with.

In regards to the 1992 Mesa Triple Rectifier - Revision F "Blackface" (Serial in 1300's)..is it still available and do you have sound clips of this anywhere..I'm looking at owning one to get the newer metal sounds in the style of BFMV, etc.

Cgonzer said:
In regards to the 1992 Mesa Triple Rectifier - Revision F "Blackface" (Serial in 1300's)..is it still available and do you have sound clips of this anywhere..I'm looking at owning one to get the newer metal sounds in the style of BFMV, etc.

I don't have any sound clips at the moment. Maybe I can take some with a vid at practice with it. Actually looking to sell it now to pay off some other purchases if you're interested. It's def one of the ballsier Rectos I've heard, tons of headroom.

Back